Author Topic: Can't upload pictures  (Read 4628 times)

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
Can't upload pictures
« on: July 16, 2011, 10:08:42 am »
 All My pictures are stored in Picasa, and can't upload from here, any suggestions.  Edward

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Can't upload pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:11:03 am »
I have Picasa too, but I find that most of my problem when I can't upload here is that the file size is too big.  There are limitations here as to the size of the pictures that can be uploaded and if they don't fall under that size, you need to go to your photo editing software and reduce them.

I hope this helps.

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 12:11:30 pm »
If you put a link to the picasa album we can go to the site and check out the photos.

Spartan scroller

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »
I have Picasa too, but I find that most of my problem when I can't upload here is that the file size is too big.  There are limitations here as to the size of the pictures that can be uploaded and if they don't fall under that size, you need to go to your photo editing software and reduce them.

I hope this helps.

Sheila

Could you elaborate a little on that Sheila.  I send photo's through email sometimes and they are way to big.  Don't know how to reduce them (computer understanding impaired)

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 01:09:04 pm »
I am sorry it took me so long to reply.  I have really been in a lot of directions these days.

When you open a picture on your computer, it usually opens in a program where you can do changes to the picture such as crop or color correct or size.  Every program is a little different and has different ways to adjust. 

The limitations here on the site are 128kb  That means you need to have the file size smaller than that or they will not upload.  Otherwise you could just put a link to a photo in your Picasa album so people here can go to the picture.  This will only show up as a link in your post. 

You really need to look into the program on your computer and figure out how to size the pictures down.  Perhaps if you mention the program here, someone else with the same one will be able to help guide you through the steps. I use Adobe Photoshop and if you have that one, I will help you out too. :)

Let us know how you do please.  I know this isn't much of a help, but it will get you on the right track.

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 11:23:46 am »
 I did Manage to make my pictures smaller in picasa, the problem is I can't upload them on this site, this is the only site I have problems uploading. I also have pictures stored in my pictures, haven't figgured out to make them smaller.  Edward

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 11:41:42 am »
After I downsized this picture on Picasa, I had to save it to my computer.  Then I clicked on the "additional Options" on the bottom of this reply page and had to browse to find where I saved it and re-upload it back here.  We'll see if it works . . .
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 11:44:21 am »
Well, apparently it did, but the picture doesn't show until I hit 'post' and then I just crossed my fingers!   I am really sorry that I am not more help.  I suppose I am stupid, but it does work this way.  It just seems like a lot of steps.  Maybe if you make a folder on your desktop to save them to after you downsized them they will be easy to find and it won't be too much of a problem.  Or someone else here may have a better suggestion.

I hope this at least helps you get them here, although it seems to be the long way around it! :)

Sheila

PS - I don't have problems anywhere else either. :)
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Knowledge Is Power

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 01:34:01 pm »
There is a free program called "Pixresizer" available here...http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
It can be a little confusing but it works very well...when the pic is re-sized it is saved and the original is left untouched in its original size and format.
You can also use a free program called "Irfanview" ... download here...http://www.irfanview.com/...this however changes the picture to the new size under the old file name.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 01:18:21 pm »
 I have resized my pictures in picasa, which from this site it won't let me load pictures here in scrollsaw. Fot those of you that want to look at my work go to http://photobucket.com/scroller625  thanks  Edward

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 01:23:21 pm »
Glad you posted the link!

Some very nice projects there...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 01:44:15 pm »
Good looking projects there Edward!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 02:25:40 pm »
Hey Ed....All I can think to say is ....WOW....  Lots of Great projects.
                          Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi