Author Topic: x!%&?$ - Saw burned through!  (Read 2881 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: x!%&?$ - Saw burned through!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 01:08:25 pm »
Looks like a great saw, Congratulations!
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 01:35:02 pm »
Way to GO!

Get back to cuttin' quickly!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

tux_linux

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 02:30:05 pm »
I hope to have it here mid of next week. I'll have to change the blade clamps and mount an excenter.
I think I can use the clamps of my current broken saw and I have some quick releases for bicycles, those should do the job.

regards
Torsten

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:07 am »
tip: I use the quick level in my blade clamp from FD mike.
works great!

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

tux_linux

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 12:32:11 pm »
that one is mounted on the blade holder right?

Offline Marcellarius

• View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 01:57:19 pm »
that one is mounted on the blade holder right?

yeah on the top blade clamp (see picture)

I have this one on the bottom:
Marcel

tux_linux

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »
ah ok, I will keep that in mind.

I'll try first if the clamps from my current saw are compatible with the Hegner.
I have some that are nice to use (will make photos).

TomC

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 05:06:15 pm »
Marcellarius:  did you say FD Mike has a guick change connector that could be put on a saw?  I am reduced to using pliars to loosen my blades ...

Offline Marcellarius

• View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 04:06:16 am »
Marcellarius:  did you say FD Mike has a guick change connector that could be put on a saw?  I am reduced to using pliars to loosen my blades ...
yes Tom, get out the original screw of the clamp and put Mike's quick level in.
works great for me, even better than the original hegner clamp with the big aluminum knob.

click here and you see them
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:10:23 am by Marcellarius »
Marcel

TomC

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 12:24:32 pm »
Thanks I will definitely check them out

tux_linux

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 09:08:18 am »
My new saw is scheduled for today - I can't hardly wait! I have to work 2 more hours before I'll get home.

I'm supposed to fetch the kids tonight (playing at grandparents house) - but I think I'll head home first to check if the saw arrived. I suppose the old lady living next door to accept the package as usual.

*pfff* still 115 minutes until knocking-off ;D

TomC

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 07:29:06 pm »
If the saw arrived, I hope he remembered to gather the kids!

tux_linux

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 03:53:57 am »
 ;D hardly...

It was a bit complicated to get the saw: The postman only dropped a note, so I had to fetch the saw from the post. Here in Germany most post offices have been closed and only small postal agencies have taken over. Those are a pain in the a**  >:( Always a pleasure to deal with green people who even don't know how the word service is spelled. I intend to drive whenever its possible to the next town where a post office with post officers is still located. That's much simpler - and might sometimes even save me some time.

Anyway: I stood in line at the postal agency (in a supermarket) to wait for that woman working in the scope of her possibilities - when the electricity failed. The complete supermarket went dark. That was the moment the woman at the counter stopped working and waited for the end of the world, but as I could already see my package behind the counter, I forced her to give it to me. I had to wait another 15 minutes, in which the woman made some mental preparation on the handover and the electricity and the internet connection was back to work.
What an adventure.

Now the Hegner:
The saw is near perfect! 10 years old, hardly used. Definitely not an experienced user as I spotted and threw away some home depot's scroll blades. Only the connector for the vaccum is broken. But that's no big deal, as I'm not willing to use a vaccum while cutting anyway.
I already mounted a bicycle's front quick release to the backside of the saw. Works perfect!
The blade clamps from my old saw are not fitting the Hegner. So I ordered some clamps with knob.
The bellows for the dust blower is dismounted as I'm using already a fish tank pump. I ordered some tubings for the dust blower, so that I can get the dust blown away from me. For those, who are searching: check out the Loc-Line System. You can get it at amazon ( clickedy ) and other places. It's original designed for coolant on router systems and fits our needs perfectly.

That's it for now, I still have to make it "my saw" but will be scrolling this weekend, that's for sure.

I will show some pictures when I've setup the stuff.

SMF

Teknoromi