Author Topic: Preference - Private Message or Email?  (Read 2475 times)

northie66

Preference - Private Message or Email?
« on: July 03, 2010, 12:19:49 pm »
Which do you prefer?  I tend to like email better.  There's no character limit and to me it's easier.

I wonder if people are timid about emailing people?  I say, if the email is there, use it.  Feel free to email me anytime :)

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Preference - Private Message or Email?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 12:25:54 pm »
You can email me anytime time about anything.  I like though when someone asks a specific question to be able to repost it so others with the same interests can learn from them and maybe get more opinions.  Just my thoughts on it. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:22:06 pm »
I think both. I am with Janet on the character limit, but also agree with Sheila regarding the possibility of reposting. Feel free to email me anytime.
David

ufgator

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 06:07:02 pm »
I think if it's more personal in nature, I prefer E-mail. If it is a more of a scrolling topic probably Private Message. Both will work OK.

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 06:13:29 pm »
I think your rite Sheila but some times people may feel that they are being stupid if the question they are asking seems simple, I have e-mailed a couple of members because I did not think the question would be relivent, I also sent pics to a couple members because I did not know how to reduce the size for posting, BUT some one sujested a sight to use and I have no problems now
Jimbo

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 07:44:48 pm »
I check my email only once or twice a day, so if you needed a fast reply pm is better.
Dan In Southern California

cherie

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 09:47:32 pm »
I am on the computer a lot.  So it does not matter unless the character limit is a problem.  Anyone may email me anytime.  I will try and get back ASAP.

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 11:34:00 pm »
For me I have no preference as I check both my e-mails and PM's at least once a day. You can contact me via both ways if you need to contact me. I am a very friendly and personal guy.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

jon

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 12:40:18 am »
i would say that e-mails are better in my opinion just for the fact that there are no limitations and i could speek frankly and not have to worry about someone getting offended and i feel that when people ask me a question they dont want it plasterd all over a sight for everyone to see. the perpose is to help and answer there question not humiliate them so id rather the
 e-mails. my favorite quote states that it is better to ask a question and look stupid for 5 min, than not ask and be stupid for life.  ;D

sp_343

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 01:05:12 am »
Either is good.  I'm no expert on anything woodworking related...but still like to help if I can.

dankc908

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 07:27:22 am »
I check out several forums daily - both scrolling and penturning.  E-mail will get my attention more quickly due to the fact that I check it multiple times daily.  I only check the forums once, in the morning, unless I am looking for something specific (like one of Steve's clock patterns)!

Dan

SMF

Teknoromi