Author Topic: Plaquerd's Pigeon  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Chase

• View Profile
    • ScrollArt by Chase
Plaquerd's Pigeon
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:58:59 am »
OK folks here it is.  This is the final version of Plaquerd?s Pigeon.  I posted it to another forum last year.  Some of you may have seen it.  Its from Issue 33 of SSWC.  The pattern was done by my scrolling buddy Dave Snyder (his handle on another forum is Plaquerd, hence the name Plaquerd?s Pigeon) and he certainly did a great job on it.  I was somewhat disapointed that I couldn?t get the glue lines to disappear.

This was an interesting and challenging project.  It was cut from 1? mahogany (beak is walnut) with there are 115 of the feather inside cuts. WOW!.  I?ve included a pre-assembly pic for you so you could see the pieces involved before assembly and finishing.

Dave and I may be the only scrollers that believe in using the smallest blade possible. However a 2/0 FD Penguin Silver he he used for his 7/8? mahogany wasn?t enough blade for 1? mahogany. Had to order some #1 blades from Mike. Great service from Mike (as usual) and they did the job. They did however seem to break a lot during the threading process (not during cutting). Maybe I?m dressing the blade too much.

Pic 4 is the pieces.  Pic 1 & 2 are side views and Pic 3 is the front view.

Finished with Deft laquer.

As usual, comments are welcome.

Whadayathnk?

Chase

Click on the pic to enlarge.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:02:23 pm by Chase »
Chase--Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

http://home.comcast.net/~chasesmeeks/ScrollArt-by-Chase.html

sp_343

Re: Plaquerd's Pigeon
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 02:35:20 pm »
That is AMAZING!!  You should be very proud of that finished piece...nice job!  I like the finish on the project too...looks outstanding!

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 03:16:33 pm »
Nice piece of work Chase.

Offline Chase

• View Profile
    • ScrollArt by Chase
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 01:11:03 pm »
That is AMAZING!!  You should be very proud of that finished piece...nice job!  I like the finish on the project too...looks outstanding!

I start with Deft sanding sealer, followed with very fine sanding, then Deft semi-gloss, and then multiple coats of Deft satin.

Chase
Chase--Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

http://home.comcast.net/~chasesmeeks/ScrollArt-by-Chase.html

Rightarm

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 06:37:22 pm »
    I really like that. Nice job. Dave 8)

northie66

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 07:59:00 pm »
That is pretty neat. I've never seen anything like it.  Nice work.

SMF

Teknoromi