Author Topic: Patriotism gets you in Dutch?  (Read 929 times)

Spartan scroller

Patriotism gets you in Dutch?
« on: June 25, 2010, 06:45:15 pm »
Just read the comments on you blog from your Hollander friend and if you want to do some patterns related to Europe how about these.  AMERICANS storming the beaches at Normandy to take FRANCE back from the Nazis.  AMERICANS dying to take bridges at Neimegen, Eindhoven, and Arnem to liberate THEM from tyrany and win a world war. Forgive my mispellings of those towns. Dutch is not MY native language.  My red, white and blue (and green) blood is boiling.  Next I suppose this sorehead will expect us to get one of those stupid horns and root for Holland (oh, I'm sorry...The Netherlands) against Namibia in the World Cup.  I know this post doesn't belong here
but I wanted to rally to your cause.  Now I have to slip on my wooden clogs and go out and hoe some tulips.

regards,
Terry

UHMNL

Re: Patriotism gets you in Dutch?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:23:07 pm »
Your spelling of the Cities is good enough for anyone to understand. However they do not hoe tulips, they cut them very early and than get the bulbs, mainly for export, I remember very well the invasion of Nijmegen. It did not go too well. Just when the big air planes came glyding down the Germans had a big troop transport going just a few miles to the East. They were ordered to go to the West and they drove all our tropes back over the Rijn.
Later however they saved the bridge over the Rijn.
Who is the Hollander's blog?
FD Mike

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:33:29 pm »
I understand a storm is a brewing. Calm down guys. One Purpose, One Cause. Scrolling!  That is what we are here for..
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:43:28 pm »
My apology to FD Mike! I totally forgot he was there!

And now he's here!

And God Bless Him!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi