Author Topic: The longest cut  (Read 1191 times)

malc

The longest cut
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:21:57 am »
As we are just past the longest day here in U.K. I was wondering what is the longest time anyone has taken to complete a scrolling project. I took over a month to complete a wooden works clock. But most of that time was getting it to run properly! As I am new to scrolling i am still quite slow. I recently scrolled a rather complicated plaque for my wife which took several days, manly due to the fact i had to hide it at the sound of her approach!!
Malc

Spartan scroller

Re: The longest cut
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:39:36 am »
I Thought at first you meant longest continous cut without stopping.  I cut out a pattern of a loon sitting on a lake and the lake was one continous cut back and forth around and around.  Thought I would never reach the end.  Started after lunch, finished just before dinner. (well, we eat early!)

Rightarm

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:34:59 pm »
    I cut out an intermediate Angel out of Campher. It was suppose to be a Christmas present for my wife, (she is into Angels). I finally finished it on Mothers Day. If I ever figure out how to post pictures, I'll put it up. Dave 8)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 02:10:10 am »
When I first started scrolling it would take in one or two weeks to finish one easy pattern now apart from the really hard ones it only takes me 1/2 a day.  Malbry Mill by Jeff Zaffino took my 22 1/2 hours to cut, that was without prep time and framing.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 09:39:12 am »
I guess I haven't been 'scrolling' long enough to have a 'longest cut' story yet!
If I finish a fairly intricate cut (for me) in 4 to 5 hours I dance around the shop!

The time I like best is that rainy, dreary day when there is nothing else to do and I just start cutting and when I finish the sky is clear and all is well with the world!

One thing I really need to do is put a nice thick foam pad on my stool! That determines more than anything how long I can cut! A 'bony bottom' is not conducive to long sitting on a hard stool!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi