Author Topic: Steve's latest blog post regarding American theme  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
Re: Steve's latest blog post regarding American theme
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 04:04:26 pm »
I also agree that an apology isn't in order for anything Steve has done. I, like most of you, visit many sites and on occasion come across something I don't care for. The solution is simple, I move on. I, again like many of you, have visited sites hosted in other countries and I see patterns, etc. that relate to that culture. That is exactly what I would expect to find there. If you don't care for something move on. Who needs the whining?
Gary
I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

northie66

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 04:54:34 pm »
Ditto to what Steve said and I'll leave it at that :)

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 05:11:54 pm »
I got on this morning ready to blast some one but you guys beat me to it.

And I totally agree with all that has be written.

If the person that wrote Steve the email don't like a particular pattern that Steve has taken the time out of his busy life to share with others then that person just needs to move on to the next pattern and so on and so on.

If he wishes a pattern for his country, email Steve and I'm sure Steve will/attempt to make one for him.

I will not rumble on with what has already been written.

Oh and I'm not American,   eye's a Kiwi and damn proud of it.

Merlin
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

grampa

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 05:57:00 pm »
Why should Steve have to justify himself to a clogg dancing dutchman. What a #"@;%" head, I am from the uk and a member of a few scrollsaw forums in the states and to me they are like a second family, so if you insult my family you insult me so why not show yourself and explain,  you are a member of this forum, if you freeload patterns off Steve's site then you visit the forum so come on lets have a chat or are you just a wind up merchant!!!!!!!!!!.........Paul >:(

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 06:04:18 pm »
grampa!

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel about this Clog!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 06:39:31 pm »
    What did I miss? And where is it at? Dave ???

Spartan scroller

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 06:51:26 pm »
OOPS I posted my comment in the wron place.  It's in "Ask Steve a Question"  Move it for me Charlie.

Thanks
Terry

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 07:32:03 pm »
RED.  We all have red blood. I don't care your skin color. You all will bleed red.
WHITE. It is in all of our eyes. I don't care your skin color, You all have white in your eyes.
BLUE. God put the blue sky above us all. We see it every day. Every Country can enjoy it.

Red, White and Blue. We all have it.

Some of us live in it.  (USA)

So what is so wrong with the Red , White and Blue.

I am Proud Of The Red, White and Blue.

So Take Your Damn Red Out.

Take Out The Damn White Too

Then Who Can Still Stand,

To  See, 

The  Blue.

I     Love     Thee:              Red       White        Blue

God Bless Us

God Bless The USA

8)  8)  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 09:32:02 pm »
I had my say on the coffee shop, didn't see this post, I agree with all of you and Iam not sure why the intruder does not quit the forum there are others around, or perhaps he or she has been booted of them,
Jimbo

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 02:03:34 am »
I live in Australia and I am a member of a few scroll saw sites, the majority of them American and I have no problem what so ever about your patriotic patterns in fact I would think you a bit crazy if you didn't have them.  I think that this fellow should  decide if he wants to be a member of a scroll saw COMMUNITY no matter what country it is formed in or go out and start his own site for people from the Netherlands only.  Some people are never pleased no matter what they do.  I for one say keep up the good work Steve, we all love you.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Dawie

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 08:38:21 am »
I am a Dutchy too, but have no problem with this blog and forum I enjoy it. I am glad for Steve's responds and I can understand a lot of you being upset,but rememeber it is only one person. And as far as our gratitude for our freedom goes the 4th of May all fallen soldiers from WII are honoured we are glad you guys came when you did. I was not around at the time of the war but I and many others with me have been brought up to understand the price that was paid for our freedom. So from this Dutchy thanks and don't get your bloodpressures up, just enjoy the good things on this forum. Just had to say this.
David

ufgator

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 08:56:45 am »
I just returned from a short vacation and read that on the blog before coming on the Forum.  I was ready to Blast that ungrateful person (term used loosely) when I find you all said about everything I was going to say.  I'll just add "GOD BLESS AMERICA" and all those that make it possible to enjoy our FREEDOM.  If you don't like this country, stay the hell out!

Bill

northie66

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 09:26:56 am »
I wouldn't be too hard on the guy... I mean, we have people IN the U.S. that do similar stuff.  Like, when they get annoyed that you say Merry Christmas to them when they are non-believers.  So what!  I wouldn't get annoyed if someone said Happy Hanukkah.  To each his own.  But it's hard for some people to accept other's beliefs, etc.  Until that happens, there will always be strife.

I welcome this man to the forum with open arms.  I hold no grudge.  We learn what we live.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 08:57:04 pm by Janet »

Dawie

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 10:38:25 am »
Well said Janet and I think what you state is so true.
David

SMF

Teknoromi