Author Topic: Steve's latest blog post regarding American theme  (Read 4561 times)

jowshu98

Steve's latest blog post regarding American theme
« on: June 24, 2010, 08:48:38 pm »
Steve,

As a fellow American I want to say that I commend you on your response to the gentleman from the Netherlands. People from around the world share many common interests and ours is scrolling. I also commend you for not making any apologies for loving our country just as we wouldn't expect anyone from other countries not to show their love, patriotism and respect for their respective country. Through scrolling we can come to learn alot from many cultures and I think many of us appreciate and enjoy the sharing that occurs from around the world. Keep doing what you do and the addition of patterns reflecting other countries would be a welcome addition, many of us or our ancestors came from elsewhere originally; but we still love our country first and foremost.

Don

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Steve's latest blog post regarding American theme
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:37:59 pm »
Nicely said Don!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:19:55 pm »
I will respond, but right now I will have to cool down. I really believe Steve does his site and his forum out of his passion for scrolling and enjoyment in helping others in the art of scrolling. All have been welcome. Thanks Don, For your post.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

boxmaker

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:48 pm »
Not much more I can add to what you said Don. Thanks for the post.

chief

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 10:50:44 pm »
There should be no apology for offending anyone.  He is complaining about Steve's patriotism and his love for this country.  Maybe he should be thanking the many military families that protect this country and helped free his country in WWII from the Germans.  Thats right 8,301 American military are buried in the Netherlands from WWII.  

If this offends anyone I make no apologies what so ever explicit or implied.

Signed
One very PATRIOTIC AMERICAN who has served this country for 18 years and hopes to continue to serve for another 12 when it is mandatory I retire.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:53:16 pm by chief »

jowshu98

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 11:38:40 pm »
Oohah Chief and Thank you for your service!!

Don

JohnS

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 12:11:38 am »
This computer lesson is provided at no cost, just like Steve's patterns are.  Let's call it "Windows 101".  Should you stumble on to a site that provides you many hours of enjoyment for FREE but occasionally posts something you don't agree with, move your mouse to the upper right hand corner of the window and find the red "X".  Click on it and move on to a site that agrees with you one hundred percent of the time.  This site is owned by one individual that posts some remarkable art.  Obtain his skills, pay for your own website and post what you wish.  Let us know how that works for you.

regards,

John   

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 07:32:47 am »
Just read the aforementioned post and have to agree with Don and John.  This site is hosted in the US and is shared world wide.  It is enjoyable to hear from people around the globe but someone that negative should go elsewhere.

dankc908

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 08:17:36 am »
Steve - could you respond to the e-mail you received and inform said jerk that participation in your blog and this forum is entirely optional and ask this person to, please, exercise his fundamental option and not return to the blog and/or forum in the future.

Dan

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:25:05 am »
I am just going to let the good Lord do his job, just pray for them...

I pray your brakes go out runnin' down a hill,
I pray a flower pot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I'd like to,
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls,
I pray you're flyin' high when your engine stalls,
I pray all your dreams never come true,
Just know wherever you are, I pray for you..
I pray a tire blows out at 110,
I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and when you wake up he has a big grin....
I pray your hair falls out
I pray your teeth decay
I pray you have a terrible day, every day.
I pray you get a bad case of athletes feet,
I pray I get to meet you on the street
I pray the elevator you ride on stops and no longer will work
I pray the whole world knows you are a jerk.....
Just know wherever you are, near or far, in your house or in your car, wherever you are,
I pray for you...
 >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

Oh One More Prayer,

I pray Steve tells me who you are. >:(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 01:21:05 pm by Russ[C] »

chips

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 09:18:52 am »
 What everybody said!

sp_343

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 09:32:59 am »
The guy is a jerk and this community is a FREE area where people come to share and enjoy scrollsawing.  If he doesn't like it, I'm sure there are other sites out there that will work for him. 

My grandfather fought in WWII and lost friends in the Netherlands....then he complains about us being to "american".  What would your life be like if the USA had never come to Europe, so many years ago???

Ever wonder why there aren't any patterns for the Netherlands???....'cause it would suck to cut them and I would have no use for them...it would be a waste of good wood.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 09:56:12 am »
I understand you are upset sp_343, so am I. But don't slam the whole country over one person. There are allot of good wonderful people from the Netherlands. They can't help it if they have a bad apple, just like we have some right here in the USA. Your are right about he needs to find another forum and blog to visit if he doesn't like what he sees.  8)

Just Pray For Him. LOL
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:20:03 am by Russ[C] »

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 11:28:32 am »
My knees are crusty from praying as hard as I can  ;D
I'm from North Dakota

m_r_dxn

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 01:15:48 pm »
I came here to start a post right after reading the update, but you guys are already on it.

I think everything I was gonna say was already said.   I agree that it's awesome getting to share the internet with peoples of all nations.  This is Steve's site and he can make whatever patterns he likes.  If someone doesn't want to cut them, it isn't like they're paying a subscription fee.  All they have to do is not cut that pattern!

It's like visiting someone else's house, askin for a cup of coffee, and then bltchin  about it not being "your brand".  Where I come from, you would be welcome to go get bent.

KUDOS STEVE!!!!!

SMF

Teknoromi