Author Topic: Steve's audio  (Read 2571 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Steve's audio
« on: June 22, 2010, 03:22:11 am »
I hope members listened to your remarks on marketing thier stuff at fairs or where ever, most people are
looking for a bargain at these show BUT if you have what they want they will pay the $$, most of my shows fall pre christmas so I have to look at stuff suitable for gifts and people are looking more at the cheaper things.
Position is also a factor at fairs I have the same spot at every fair I go to every year this way people know where to find me, if you are at an inside venue always try to get the position on the left side of the hall, about  5 stalls in, this is always the best spot in this situation, my prices range from $2 to $70 and I sell more of the lower priced items, my average sale on a good day is $35 per customer,
I have enclosed a couple of pics from our clubs annual exabition and sales month
Jimbo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: Steve's audio
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:47:23 am »
Hi Jimbo, good tip about the position of the booth. I had not thought about that one. Makes good sense. $35 per purchase is really good.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:54:34 am »
Hey, Jimbo.....

Nice looking stuff you have there!

Don't see any "Earring Holders" (enlarged to 400%)  <VBG>

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

sp_343

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:18:07 pm »
Nice looking stuff.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:50:30 pm »
The customers were coming in from the other end and as women do most of the buying guess where the earing stands were and the other ladies stuff, somthing to get there attention
Jimbo

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 11:07:15 pm »
Hey...gotta go with the 'market'!

If I could predict what women would buy and when I would be richer than the Walton family of Wal~Mart fame!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 11:16:18 pm »
Graybeard that why I have such a huge variety, I often here a hubby say to wife I can make one of those, reply, I have been waiting 10 years I am buying it
Jimbo

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 12:29:57 am »
I often here a hubby say to wife I can make one of those

I had more than 1 say that at my last show.  I offered one guy the pattern and his wife said yeah right.  I'll buy yours.  I said if he makes you one within 60 days I'll give you a refund.  He just glared at me....LOL  I know not professional but he got my point.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 03:00:00 am »
At least his wife was ther to protect you, thats why I love women, they know how to protect the men folk, [shall I say more?]
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi