Author Topic: Pattern software  (Read 7741 times)

northie66

Pattern software
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:16:50 am »
That is so weird that Steve releases this today. Just last night I was trying to figure out a way to change the page numbers on the PDF files so I could see what the patterns were without opening them.

Steve you're awesome!

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Pattern software
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:29:54 am »
I have been thinking! (Dangerous, I know!)

Maybe we should keep tis site to ourselves.
Just think how SMART we would appear to others who don't have access to all this great programming and information!

BUT, that's what we do!

WE SHARE...and Steve shares so much that we can never really begin to Thank him enough, right?

And his knack of anticipation is absolutely uncanny!

Bless Ya, Steve!!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:05:41 pm »
i had been hoping for a program as yall were. thank you steve for designing this. : )

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:15:48 pm »
 I'am not really good at computers, but when I open Steves liberary, it only comes up 1/2 screen, is anyone else have that problem, or is it on my end.  Edward

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 05:08:25 pm »
edward: I think it's meant to be only half screen

Merlin

Bugger I have been known to be wrong on the odd occasion.
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

boxmaker

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 05:54:14 pm »
Thank you Steve, I no longer have to rename my files with mile long names so I know what they are.

northie66

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 06:11:08 pm »
Yes, it's only supposed to be 1/2 screen.

One thing I wish were different is that you could add a bunch of files at once... then set the picture page.  Right now I believe you have to "import" each individual pattern.  Am I right or is there a way to do a bunch at once?

northie66

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 06:16:02 pm »
Also... just a note to everyone... make sure your patterns are where you want to keep them on your computer... because if you move them AFTER putting them in here, it won't find them and you'll have to put them in again.  It remembers where they are when you imported them into the program.

This program is great though.  Thanks so much Steve!

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 08:05:57 pm »
WOW!  The first one I tried...it went goofy on me.  I selected the one i wanted in the far left of the program, went to add it and i got ALOT of "Bitmap Image Is Not Valid" windows.....one right after the other.  They just kept coming and coming until I Ctrl+Alt+Deleted out of it.  :( I was looking so forward to doing this.  Help me Steve!  See link below for what happened on my screen:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/artistic_cowboy30/Program.jpg

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 08:09:03 pm »
Just tried again and double clicked the icon on my desktop to open it.....got the 50 million bitmap messages right off the bat before I could do anything.

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 08:17:49 pm »
Uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  Still doing it.  Sorry Steve :(

sp_343

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 08:19:19 pm »
Having the same problem as Charlie...put my first pattern in and BAM!!  Bitmap Image is not Valid....over and over...had to shut it down to get it to stop...still doing it every time I open the program.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 09:03:44 pm »
Mine had the same problem. I think it has an issue with the first .bmp. I used Windows Explorer and went to C:\Program Files\Pattern Library. Deleted the first .bmp it made. Tried it again and it worked perfect.   8)  8)  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 09:49:21 pm »
mine will only save the pdf files, but it wont save jpeg, not sure if it's suppose to or not.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:02:06 pm by MadHatter »

Joesawdust

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 09:57:15 pm »
It gives me the same error message, and like some of the others I've uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.  Like Russ suggested I went to program files/pattern libray and the only thing in the folder was the icon for the program and the uninstall icon.

Greg

SMF

Teknoromi