Author Topic: Slump  (Read 2250 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Slump
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 02:32:16 am »
Kepy good luck with the angiogram, I've had 2 too.  One because I had a major blockage in the main artery going to my right leg, stents were not good enough to fix it so I had to have a major operation. And the second one for a blockage to my heart that was the easy one thank goodness.

Danny the project that is waiting for me I really wanted to do, it the Workshop blade for my husband.  It will take me some time to do because I don't use spiral blades.  I have the pattern ready, the wood is ready, the saw is ready but I'm not.  Oh well I guess it will all come back to me soon I hope.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 11:51:27 am »
Marge...I think it is human nature....
I used to LOVE to cook! Then I got bitten by the "Scrolling Bug" and went from the kitchen to the shop and didn't return for several years.
Now I am in a constant state of indecision whether I want to scroll or cook so I try to do both but NOT at the same time. I'm finding that when I am seated at my saw I am thinking about what is in the freezer, pantry and fridge and what I am can to do with whatever is there. When I get busy in the kitchen I am thinking about what interesting thing I can make next in the shop.

An old friend and Radio personality here in St. Louis used to say...."I never can trust a guy who doesn't have at least TWO hobbies!"

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 05:45:41 pm »
Hi Marg, sorry to hear you are in a slump, maybe another holiday(in Cornwall) will help. I am going through one myself too, but I just getting depressed. After 8 months of fighting through an appeal and then a tribunal to win my case for sick benefits, I just recieved a letter telling me the benefit all stops on 13th of next month and I'll get no more payments, I now have te re-apply all over again including more medicals just to get sickness benefir again at a lower rate if I get it. sometimes I just wonder what is the point in going on, is it worth it.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 02:16:10 am »
I wondered why we had not seen much of you Keith.  I'm so sorry for what you are going through, I know the UK make you jump through a lot of different shaped hoops and then some more.  I hope that one day it will all come good for you.

GB my second hobby is collecting recipes and then putting them in a cupboard and never looking at them again.  LOL  My daughter jokes that that is what I should serve for dinner, just the printed recipe, a bit of paper on each plate, because that is the only way it would ever get used. LOL

If I received an order tomorrow I would be in that garage like a flash, never mind I am confidant that I will be back at it in the near future.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

king310

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 06:53:44 am »
MARG I understand how you feel. I have been in my shop for just a few hours at a time to making few things.
It has been great weather for my shop but just not been in the mood to make to many things. this will pass and I hope to get busy this fall or in your case this coming spring.  ;D

rteubner

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:44 am »
Glad to hear there are a lot more people like this. I was starting to feel guilty that I have neglected my saw  :D I have a project to get done for my brother-in-law for a gift and I am having a hard time getting motivated to get at it. Oh ya and its for a fathers day gift so I'm also running out of time. LOL

SMF

Teknoromi