Author Topic: Names  (Read 8714 times)

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: Names
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:38 pm »
I'm a teacher and hear Mrs. N all day long.

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 09:49:34 pm »
My last name is Moon.  For as long as I can remember the kids always called me Moonie.  Or is it Moony...Mooney? 
MOONIE

Mainewoods

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 09:52:20 pm »
Growing up here in Maine, when I wasn't in school or doing chores, I was out in the woods with a rifle.  Saw many different areas of the country/world during my military career (22yrs) and nothing ever compared to the Maine woods.  Signing onto this forum I wanted to relay my love of being in and working with woods.

Glen

p.s.  Great thread by the way! ;)

p.p.s BillP, I am another who has missed your wit around here!  Drop in more often, would ya?!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:58:23 pm by Mainewoods »

Bill P

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 10:23:36 pm »
Wood eye?

Peg leg!

On a more serious note (and for those who don't know that old joke) this is a cool thread.

I miss everyone here, but my schedule is a bi...er...ah...full.

Bill.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 02:07:12 am »
Wow I have just finished reading everyone's posts and they were soooooooo interesting that I'm glad I asked.

Rob Roy I'm like you I thought Keefie had a speech problem.  :D :D :D

And Bill we love your jokes, PLEASE come back more often, we love a laugh at least I do.  :D :D :D

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 04:35:39 am »
Hi Marg, your post has turned up some very interesting answers and it is a joy to read them all. At least Keefie didn't have a LITHP!!.I would also agree with the comments,it's time we heard more from BillP, he has a great sense of humour. Thanks for posting the question Marg. Anyway, " what's in a name Etc,Etc."
Rob Roy.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 07:28:16 am »
Hey Marg, thanks for asking.  This was a great thread.  Mine is obvious - no imagination.  Like Judy, I was nervous about joining a forum but am so glad I did.

Bill,  I haven't heard that joke in years but when I read "wood eye"  it cracked me up!  It's kinda like mat jokes.

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 02:01:34 pm »
I used to own a boat and loved to go out crabbing, hence the name "Crabbyboater". I'm not really crabby, at least most of the time!  Had to sell the boat and thought about changing the name, but like it too much.  BTW, I sign my creations as Grandpa John.  Started when I gave everything to my grands, but it's not always appropriate when giving to others.
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 02:19:01 pm »
I think cuz if I woulda said yyyyyass, Russ would have kicked me out ;)
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 03:59:12 pm »
Rob, my only speech impediment is that "I put my mouth into motion before putting my brain into gear"  :o :o :-[
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 05:21:02 pm »
Hi Keefie the only time I have a speech impediment is when my FOOT is in my MOUTH LOL. That is usually quite often!!!!.
Rob Roy.

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 08:10:53 pm »
My name is Tony and my sister-in-law started calling me Toneman when I married her sister 25 yrs ago and the name just stuck. I use the name as a username on other forums as well on my email address.

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 05:07:27 am »
Br carefull Rob - you know what Vet's do when they find "foot and mouth" lol
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SheGold

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 05:12:14 am »
Well it looks like a day late and a dollar short as usual. Mine is quite simple its half of my first name and last name. Sheila Goldsmith...

Offline loftyhermes

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 06:50:36 am »
My forum name came about from when I first started on computers, my niece suffers with Fredrick?s Ataxia and the whole family was tested for the gene and I was told I was a carrier, so I chose hermes, (the UK had an aircraft carrier HMS Hermes :D) but it was taken on some forums so being an installer of loft insulation at the time I added lofty to it and became loftyhermes.
happy scrolling
Steve
Outside a dog a scrollsaw is a mans best friend, inside a dog it's too dark to cut.

SMF

Teknoromi