Author Topic: Clock Insert Question  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Larry_B

• View Profile
Clock Insert Question
« on: December 30, 2017, 07:22:03 pm »
Hello all.  Been lurking in this forum for several weeks so thought it was time to post a question.

I'm into building smaller mantel clocks and have done several so far.  The next one I plan on building is the Glasgow clock from Finescrollsaw.com.

My question is I've seem to have run into a dead end on finding a small enough insert/fitup with a pendulum movement.  I'm looking for a 2-3/4 " to max of 3" total outside diameter insert/brezel for the Glasgow.  Or even finding a small dial/bezel/glass combo.

I've done a lot of poking around the net (Clockworks, Clockparts, Bearwood, Ronell, Amazon, eBay, etc.).  Any of you folks found a place that has the smaller time pieces?

I've even toyed with the idea of getting a clock insert that will fit and adding a pendulum only movement behind the insert...

Thanks

Larry
Lincoln, NE
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:00:30 pm by Larry_B »

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
Re: Clock Insert Question
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 10:37:05 pm »
I can not answer you question, but I have been looking at the Cremona wall clock at Finescrollsaw and trying to figure what I would need to build it.  I see that a Boris Radovskiy, of the USA built one that is shown at the site.  He is a member of the Carolina Scrollers club, it says.  I looked up their website, and I think when I am ready to get real serious about building the clock I will try to get in touch with him (through the club) and ask where he got his clock movement.  Boris also built the clock you are wanting to build.  You may try to make contact with him and ask.  Also, have you looked a  the Klockit site.  They may have something. 
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

SMF

Teknoromi