Author Topic: Help  (Read 1313 times)

Offline beginner

• Maker of custom fire wood
    • View Profile
Help
« on: February 05, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »
I'm trying to attach a picture of my first project an being computer challenged I can't seem to be able to do it.  Can you help.
Thanks
beginner/Jim
Jim

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »
Try watching this. It will get you started.  :)

Putting Photos in your posts
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:09:08 pm »
The first thing to do is see how many kilo bites weighs your image.
If you exceed the 128k you reduce the quality, this was accomplished by opening your image in Corel Draw, then you will display a window file, export to web search, you click on another window appears where you can resize the image to 128k at most, save it in jpg format to another folder and ready to ready to upload to the forum.
I hope the information will serve you ..... greetings

Lo primero que debes hacer es ver cu?ntos kilo bites pesa tu imagen.
Si sobrepasa los 128k debes reducir la calidad, esto lo logras abriendo tu imagen en Corel Draw, despu?s te vas a archivo  se desplega una ventana, busca exportar para web, le das click  te aparece otra ventana donde puedes modificar el tama?o de la imagen hasta 128k como m?ximo, guardala en formato pdf en otra carpeta y listo a est? preparada para que la subas al foro.
Espero que la informaci?n te sirva.....saludos

tux_linux

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:22:50 am »
oh Frank,

I don't know if you've got the right solution. Your photos seam like they lost color-depth in the last weeks.

Check out this smart freeware program:

IrfanView

It's really simple, let's you resize the pictures on some clicks. It even has a "batch converter" - you can resize, rename, change in a lot of ways complete folders of pictures.

@ jim
yes, frank said it already: your pictures need to be under 128KB, but it's easy to keep them small enough.

I also added a picture of the controls - I don't know if you already noticed the collapsed area underneath the editor field while writing a comment.
Click on the control in the left upper corner and "choose file". Once you have done your writing and select "Post", your pics will be attached to your comment.

regards
Torsten

Offline beginner

• Maker of custom fire wood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:48:06 am »
Thank you all for the help.  I will try again.
Jim/beginner
Rentner und liben es

Jim

SMF

Teknoromi