Author Topic: A Stalking Leapord  (Read 4144 times)

Offline crupiea

• View Profile
Re: A Stalking Leapord
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 04:17:13 pm »
Super job.  thanks for counting all the cuts before I drove myself nut trying to count them myself.

malc

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 06:13:54 pm »
Pete, did you find there was a lot of cleaning up to do using spirals? The one time I used some they produced lots of whiskers on the back of the wood. Perhaps someone out there knows a way to stop that happening?
Malc

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 04:09:44 am »
Super job.  thanks for counting all the cuts before I drove myself nut trying to count them myself.
Cripiea, As i said on the original posting i did not count them ! thats what was on the pattern "775 Cuts" , I dont take a note of time or count cuts as i feel that it would become a chore , So i do what i can when i can and i enjoy the challenge of being as accurate as i can be and knowing when to stop if i am getting tired! simply put it will be finished when it is finished and not before !  ;)
Malc; Yes They leave lots of Fuzzies ,The bottom of the stack is usualy the worst . " grampa's idea"  use a small kitchen burner and a soft brush to lightly burn away the fuzzies , I use the soft brush to stop the wood from catching alight as the really fine pieces have a tendency to catch
I did try Grampa's other idea of a flame thrower out back  but did not like the charcoal effect  ::)

................Pete
War does not determine who is right - Only who is left !

Dawie

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 04:17:06 am »
Absolutely Awesome great piece there. Thanks for sharing.
David

SMF

Teknoromi