Author Topic: Sled Ornaments  (Read 4402 times)

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Sled Ornaments
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 11:13:07 pm »
Hey thanks for the question termite.  I made a sled before Christmas, but never put it together.  I was thinking glue and rubber bands.

Look forward to seeing your jig Dan.

Karl

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 08:22:13 pm »
Here's the jig I made. I used a scrap 6" long by 1 5/16" wide by 7/8" high. I beveled the top edges so the sled parts don't get glued to the jig. I put a stop-block on the front and a small finish nail on top. The finish nail can be adjusted to suit how far back on the runners you want the sled top.

To assemble, just put the runners so they rest on the jig sides and front of the runners rest on the stop-block. Put 3 or 4 drops of super glue on each runner. Hold the runners in place with one hand and place the top of the sled in place. The top of the sled should rest on the runners and be against the nail. (If the sled top rests on the jig, just sand a bit off the bottom of the jig.) Just hold the sled in place until the glue sets. I hold for about 30 seconds.

Here are some pictures. Hope this all makes sense.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 09:41:38 pm »
Thanks for the views Dan.

With the original pattern in the mag, there were small pieces it asked to cut which I think were glued first, then the sleds glued next to.   Looks like you've avoided that step.

Plus I see you're already jumping into your next Christmas' inventory.  Way to go.

I've made a decision to cut out something at least once a week but I would prefer twice or every other day!!

Karl

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 09:50:07 pm »
thanks Dan that helped a lot  termite

Offline tinker1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 01:48:03 pm »
Very nicely done Dan (big thumbs up) :)

Offline maritimer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:53 pm »
i like the date in the runners....nice idea.

SMF

Teknoromi