Author Topic: Key Rings  (Read 6588 times)

chips

Re: Key Rings
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 10:46:48 pm »
 Patch,

Like the assortment of your key chains. Was wondering where you got the patterns you used, or how you got them to fit.

patch

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 12:05:30 am »
Patch,

Like the assortment of your key chains. Was wondering where you got the patterns you used, or how you got them to fit.
Do a Google search in image ( http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENAU260&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=silhouettes&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=silhouette&gs_rfai=&start=0 )   and reduce in M/W paint orany other program

chips

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 05:23:22 pm »
 Thanks Patch. Will give that site a look for sure. Especially like Dragons!!!!

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 07:40:44 pm »
I make those key chains too. (I get the chain in bulk from Ace Hardware too)
But, I have an interesting story about cutting them for customers.
I was selling some items at a Flea Market (not much luck) and I had 4 or 5 of the key chains on display. They had names like "JOE", "BOB" "JUDY" etc. A young lady ask me how much they were and I said, "$4.00". She ask if I could cut some for her as Christmas gifts. "Sure" said I, "how many?" Oh about eight she said. "Here is a piece of paper, write down the names." (Oh yea, I forgot to mention, she was from out of town and wanted them mailed to her home.)
Well, when she handed the paper back, there were 8 names on it....ALL LAST NAMES!!!! the shortest one had seven letters in it!!!!
You're right....Alot of work for $32.00 and shipping!!! Never again, in the future it will cost $1.00 per letter!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha

Rog
PS forgot to mention, she had miss spelled one of the names and I had to re- cut it!!
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Marshall

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 07:49:35 pm »
Rog : When I make something like this and tell the person to write the name  down , I also explain to them { for this same thing has happened to me }  if the spelling is wrong there is still a charge on that certain item also . This way your covered on the end ..for  it's not your fault .............Marshall

Dragonlord85

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 01:03:55 am »
Here are some of the keyrings I made. some are Steves designs and some are my own.

The Panda seems to be everyone's favorite.

Dawie

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 04:26:42 am »
I just made my first keyring last week and gave it to a friend for here birthday. Her moms reaction was "Where did you buy it, I have never seen these before", my friends reply was  "Because he made it himself". Made one for another friend it's her birthday today so want to see her reaction.
Wonderful program Steve thanks, the possibilities are endless i think.
David

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 02:53:03 pm »
Dawie, nice to hear the gift worked out well. They really are fun to make.

james 2012

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 03:02:10 pm »
Here are some of my Key Rings that I made off of Steve's key ring printer program , they are already gone for they were presents to be given a way ........tell me what you think .....they are made out of 1/4" BB plywood and other hardwoods . I have noticed that on another web site the guy sells them made out of 1/2' material , and if I make anymore I think I'll try the 1/2" material also . Mr. Steve Good has been such a unbelieveable big help to me in my scrolling > my hats off to him ......Marshall   ;D
......................................Nice job, they are fun to make.

Becky

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:39 am »
Hey, Patch, I made four key ring fobs just today (thank you presents for some people at work who have gone out of their ways to help me with a big project).  Did you use Inlace on yours or something different? 

Offline slotdrag

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2010, 12:42:22 am »
I went to the family reunion and showed some of my work. My aunt saw the jesus on the cross key chain patteren and asked how much. I told her $4.00 each she asked if she wanted 52 for christmas gifts so I went to $2.00 each. and sent her 56 in all so she had some spares if anything happened in shipping. She was so pleased some of the kids made necklaces out of them. Thanks steve.

patch

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 01:45:57 am »
Hey, Patch, I made four key ring fobs just today (thank you presents for some people at work who have gone out of their ways to help me with a big project).  Did you use Inlace on yours or something different? 
I use coloured sand and liquid glass(Aristocrat) for a different effect I mix 2 or more colours together

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 02:26:38 am »
Wow slotdrag, that's a bunch of key fobs. Sounds like your aunt has a lot of friends.

Dragonlord85

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2010, 11:02:57 am »
I use colored sand in mine as well and use acrylic casting resin.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 11:48:47 am »
Patch or anyone, Explain the process please. [acrylic casting resin, liquid glass(Aristocrat)] I am interested.  ???
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:48:21 pm by Russ[C] »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi