Author Topic: oops  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Loskoppie

• View Profile
oops
« on: August 27, 2016, 03:30:29 am »
I will see if I can do a fix without been seen.  Some bit broke off one of Steve's pattern and now I am going to see if I can fix it without it been to obvious.  Will try to post but I must go back to the step one to find out what l do wrong with trying to post pic's.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: oops
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 05:18:41 am »
Oops is the word that you never want to hear your dentist say.  What you have described has happened to all of us a time or three.  Most times only you and the pattern maker would know what part broke free.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Loskoppie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 03:15:12 pm »
Thank you for your kind words.  I feel much better.  Thank you

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:54:36 pm »
Oops's are the reason God made wood glue.
I have probably had to glue a piece, splinter or filler on about half of my projects. I can tell you who will notice the mistake....ME and no one else. :)
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 06:18:23 pm »
There are some thicker superglues (CA glue) out there that are perfect for these type repairs. They are clear, take very little to hold, and set in about 10 seconds, so you can hold it in place easily. I use Gorilla SuperGlue (not regular Gorilla glue - that's a good glue but not for these tiny repairs). I'd wait until the rest of the piece is cut, then go back to make the repair (don;t repair then try to keep cutting unless you let it sit an hour or so).

Check the pattern to see if a floater snuck in there. Steve is a terrific pattern maker but doesn't always cut a pattern before publishing it. If you find that the part that fell out was a floater, post a note to Steve so he can correct it.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Loskoppie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 03:21:19 am »
Thanks for the useful tips will try them I always learn something new with this hobby.  I did not find a floater, it was Steve's Woodpecker.  I had a vibration and it broke before I could stop.

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 11:03:45 am »
Hate those vibrations, makes my teeth fall out  :o
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

SMF