Author Topic: pdf file modification  (Read 1338 times)

Offline hardkore

• View Profile
pdf file modification
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:13:01 pm »
I am experiencing a little problem with PDF files. I like to save the actual pattern to a "jpeg" file. Then using Rapid resizer, I can make it any size I want. The only way I have been able to do it, is to print a hard copy then scan the hard copy into rapid resizer. Is there an easier way?
Also on the United States Army Veteran pattern, I would like to be able to change "Veteran" to "Active Duty" or "Retired" as these are differant than veteran. Any advice would be appreicated.

Bill P

Re: pdf file modification
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:56:06 pm »
The odds are you don't have this, but I print out the hard copy then scan it into Corel Draw, where I can erase the letters and put in my own.  I'd think any drawing program would allow you do to this.

Good luck,

Bill

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:48:58 pm »
if you save the file and then open the PDF in adobe reader, there should be a tools menu in the top tool bar. In that menu there is a snapshot tool. this will let you take a picture of something in the PDF. You can click and drag a box around the part you want, or the whole page. The image will be copied, and you can paste it into the image editing software of your choice to save it as a JPEG

Mainewoods

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:17:16 am »
GIMP will allow you to import directly from a PDF. 

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 10:11:53 am »
Irfanview will open a pdf and allow you to save it as a jpg.

http://www.irfanview.com/  Totally free to use great program.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline hardkore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 10:45:47 am »
Thank you for your help.
I like the GIMP suggestion since it is a shareware program and ScrollSaw Villiage has a tutorial on its use.
Importing and then saving as a "jpeg" file was simple and with a little learning curve I believe that modifications to the pattern will be also.
Again thanks

SMF

Teknoromi