Author Topic: Evaluation, Sand Flee  (Read 995 times)

Terry Jackson

Evaluation, Sand Flee
« on: December 25, 2010, 08:50:48 pm »
Hi, Steve:

If I recall, sometime back you posted that you had a Sand flee for evaluation and would post your results.

My question is any idea when you might have had time to use it and do your evaluation?  I'm most interested in how effective it is for stock under 1/8" where a planer would destroy the piece.  Any other impressions and observations are also eagerly anticipated.

Thanks,

Terry

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: Evaluation, Sand Flee
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 06:51:41 am »
Hi Terry, I still plan to do a review of the the Sand Flee. The Holidays and crazy work schedule have slowed me down. To answer your question I would not consider the Sand Flee a thickness sander. It's more of a finish sander. With enough passes it will reduce the thickness but I'm not sure you will get two parallel sides. When you use your hand to move the wood over the one roller it's difficult to get even pressure like a two roller sander. This is just my initial observation so I might change my mind after I get more time to use the machine.

Terry Jackson

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 11:41:08 am »
Thanks, Steve.

Looking forward to your evaluation.

Merry Christmas!
Terry

cherie

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:09:29 am »
I was able to play with the Sand Flee at the Texas Picnic last year.  I loved the way it worked.  I even asked the demonstrators about how it would sand something so thin and delicate.  Well they found some one to cut a fretwork piece on 1/8 ply.  It worked great and does not sand your fingertips off. 
This is just my experience with one.  One day I would love to buy one in order to finish my ornaments better.  But until then, it the orbital sander and Dremel.

SMF

Teknoromi