Author Topic: What FONT is used??  (Read 2302 times)

SamCec

What FONT is used??
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:37:32 am »
I have gone through my Font list in Corel Draw and can not find the font Steve used in his Football Jersey. Stencil comes close but as the old saying goes "close but no cigar".

Can someone tell me what Font?

Thanks,
Sam

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
Re: What FONT is used??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:04:59 am »
Hi Sam, I'm pretty sure I used Stencil Gothic for that pattern. It is available here. http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=stencil+gothic

SamCec

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 07:13:04 am »
Hi Sam, I'm pretty sure I used Stencil Gothic for that pattern. It is available here. http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=stencil+gothic
Steve: Thank you very much. Stencil Gothic looks like the correct one.

Sam

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:09:50 pm »
Thanks also for the link Steve it will be useful
Jimbo

bluelucky

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:58:41 pm »

I can't find the video that shows how to install new fonts on the computer..Can you help me please Steve.

SamCec

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 04:31:58 am »
blueLucky: I'll try to step you through it:

1. Double-Click on the link provided by Steve or the link in your post (they are the same).
2. On the Window that opens, on the right top, you will see the Alphabet.
3. CLick on "S".
4. The next window, on the top-left, it says "Custom Preview". In the box to it's right, type in "Stencil Gothic"--without the quotes.
5. Stencil Gothic will be found and on the right, there will be a button that says "Download".
6. Click on that.
7. A small Window will show. Make sure you click on the "Save" option and then the "Okay" button.
8. Another Window will open asking you where you want to save it. You can save it anywhere. Many people have on there system a Folder called "Temp". It's use to store things temporarily.
NOTE THE NAME OF THE FILE: iT IS: "sa-Inkspot.zip". This is what is called a "zip" (compressed) file.
9. Click on the "Save" button.
10. Take your mouse and Double-Click" on that zip file. It will show two other files. One will have an extension of ".tiff"
11. Double click on the "Tiff" file. The next page--Upper-right will have an Install button.

There are easier ways to do this but I don't know your experience with PC's.

Sam

bluelucky

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 08:38:08 am »
blueLucky: I'll try to step you through it:

1. Double-Click on the link provided by Steve or the link in your post (they are the same).
2. On the Window that opens, on the right top, you will see the Alphabet.
3. CLick on "S".
4. The next window, on the top-left, it says "Custom Preview". In the box to it's right, type in "Stencil Gothic"--without the quotes.
5. Stencil Gothic will be found and on the right, there will be a button that says "Download".
6. Click on that.
7. A small Window will show. Make sure you click on the "Save" option and then the "Okay" button.
8. Another Window will open asking you where you want to save it. You can save it anywhere. Many people have on there system a Folder called "Temp". It's use to store things temporarily.
NOTE THE NAME OF THE FILE: iT IS: "sa-Inkspot.zip". This is what is called a "zip" (compressed) file.
9. Click on the "Save" button.
10. Take your mouse and Double-Click" on that zip file. It will show two other files. One will have an extension of ".tiff"
11. Double click on the "Tiff" file. The next page--Upper-right will have an Install button.

There are easier ways to do this but I don't know your experience with PC's.

Sam

Ok, I tried that and it saved it as a Corel Draw zip file..Now what?

SamCec

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 08:44:17 am »
Bluelucky:

Please supply the name of the zip file--fullname---filename.extension.

The extension should be ".zip".

Sam
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:46:25 am by SamCec »

bluelucky

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:52:07 pm »
Bluelucky:

Please supply the name of the zip file--fullname---filename.extension.

The extension should be ".zip".

Sam
I figured it out...I need to get a program to open up zip files..I got it installed now..Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 11:19:09 pm by bluelucky »

SamCec

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 12:44:18 am »
bluelucky:  Glad I could help.

Sam

SMF

Teknoromi