Author Topic: RE: "Computer Questions" section....  (Read 1477 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
RE: "Computer Questions" section....
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:07:40 pm »
Here is an example of what I was referring to when I suggested a "Computer" section for the group.

Merlin wrote....
"Not scroll saw sorry.
I use chrome for the internet and Mozilla Thunderbird for emails.
Well just lately Windows Internet Explorer is starting up in the background (on it's own) and going into some bizzare sites, some not nice sites.
My grand kids use my computers."

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: RE: "Computer Questions" section....
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 07:21:35 am »
GB great idea about a computer section, we seem to have everything else.
It seems we have a few computer people on this here site and a lot that don't know squat (me included).

Merlin
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Dawie

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 02:55:35 pm »
I agree with ye both. Me pc illitarate be. Know how to start it and know how to get here and post things and to e-mail. But that's it.
David

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:41:02 pm »
yeah Steve how about a computer section...
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

boxmaker

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:50:22 pm »
I am with you guys, I know it's a scroll site, but we couldn't be here if it wasn't for our computers, and it would be nice to have a kind of a tech place to go to for help.

Mark

Doug

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:04:54 pm »
Sounds like you picked up a virus. I work at a college full time a school district part time in the IT Dept. First question, Do you have an up-to-date antivirus program? I mean something that you either pay annually for updated virus definitons or free down loads? If you do, time to run a scan. If not, there is a really good one out there and it's free, it's called AVG Free. Google it, and just make sure that it's free (some sites charge), and down load it and run it. Also, you can download for free "Adaware", it gets rid of spyware, adware, grayware and a variety of other garbage that slows down your pc. Tell me how this works for you, if your still having a problem, let me know and I will tell you something else to try.

Doug

SMF

Teknoromi