Author Topic: Music  (Read 5723 times)

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Music
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:53 pm »
Do any of you listen to music while scrolling? I always have the radio on, well sometimes it is a CD or MP3 player.
Last weekend no one was home so I had the radio cranked and was singing along (very loudly and off key), my husband came home for lunch and just laughed at me. He is used to my poor singing, but was suprised to find me scrolling and singing at the same time.
So what do you listen to?
Katie

Waddawood

Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:41:31 pm »
Radio, country music...and singing along too!

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:48:14 pm »
just bought a new "Moody Blues" cd, it's so great cuz after I turn on the saw I can't hear it so I can listen to the same cd all day!!!
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

CNLNC

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:57:11 pm »
Music is the first thing to go on when I enter the garage to scroll, ok...second thing after the lights.
Music of choice for the scroll saw is either Classic Rock or Country.
I don't sing though since that would be to many things going on at once ;D, I need to stay focused to stay on the lines.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »
use my mp3 player on a set of computer speakers. crank it up with some newfie music,rock,country to eminem and anything in between LOL and i also sing along.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:02:18 pm »
I know this my sound odd, but I usually have the TV on. Since I do most of my scrolling on the weekend, I  listen to NASCAR, football, hockey or I have the Si Fi channel on. If I have time to scroll during the week, I listen to my Ipod. Mostly classic Rock.
Dan In Southern California

bluesuede

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »
If its at night I listen to a hockey game on satellite radio, any other time it's anything from rock, country or classical. Listen loud and sing (mumble) when I can....hehe...
Bruce

Chachi

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 09:30:49 pm »
I have my radio on all the time (when I am in the shop) It depends on my mood I listen to Country and Classic rock 60's to 80's music on cd's I also sing along at time but the radio drowns me out lol.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »
Books.  I listen either on CD's or my Ipod.  There are thousands out there.  I am listening to Oliver Twist now.
I'm from North Dakota

marmoh

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 11:58:44 pm »
I don't listen to music but I do talk to myself all the time (usually words even I've never heard before)
I usually have my ear tuned in on the dogs to see what's going on.  I have a 15 yr old that I need to keep track of in case she wakes up and needs something.  If I did listen it would be 50's or country when it was still country ie: Ray Price, Freddie Fender, Conway, George Jones etc.  May try it to see if it would work out.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 12:31:15 am »
I've got a radio set up out there and will listen to Country once I don't have to concentrate so hard. Knights in White Satin was the only MB's song I really liked, I prefer Eddie Arnold, Sons of the Pioneers, George Strait, Ray price, Shania Twain, Marty Robbins and others I can't think of just now. Used to have it on while using the lathe fortunately I can tune stuff like that out usually so it doesn't distract. I would listen to 50's and 60's if I could get it but this little valley I live in blocks most of the stations, and I don't have a CD player. The dogs would all howl if I sang.
Fun stuff good topic Mrsn
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 12:45:16 am »
No music...hard to use headphones with hearing aid. BUT I sing whatever comes to mind!
If I do turn music on it is 40's, 59's swing and very early rock.

when not in shop choice is anything but heavy rock...classical to country

Judy, you must be a very good multitasker to be able to follow a story and scroll!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 06:43:07 am »
I listen to all kinds of music.  From classical to Pink Floyd to Eminem and Tech N9ne and the Blues Brothers.  I love music!  I recently purchased wireless headphones which make things even nicer.  I got the comfortable ones with the big spongy cups and they are hooked to my computer where I have over 10,000 tracks.  I use them when my partner is around and then he can listen to or watch something else.  Other times, I just turn it up and sing along! 

:)  Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Mainewoods

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 07:10:14 am »
MP3 player, with headphones.  Right foot is on the foot switch, left foot is tapping along....I don't even try to sing - Music depends on mood - Classical, Country (old and new), Rock, Metal, Alternative, Swing, Easy Listening, you never know!  I could start cutting listening to Jim Croce, and when that's over switch to Green Day, or Glenn Miller or even the Carpenters!  About the only music I won't listen to is Rap or Reggae.  Neither of those do anything for my creative mood!

;D

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 07:40:03 am »
Generally talk radio or country.  I can't sing but I can argue with the comentators.  Since I work in the garage - I don't want to scare the neighbors with my singing.

Gabby,  A little trivia for you.  Ken Curis - who played Festus on Gunsmoke was one of the original Sons of the Pioneers.  Few people knew he could sing.  I heard him once when I was a little girl.

SMF

Teknoromi