Author Topic: Pattern software  (Read 7723 times)

Offline loftyhermes

• View Profile
Re: Pattern software
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2010, 05:46:57 am »
Steve has posted on his website that he's removed the software.
Outside a dog a scrollsaw is a mans best friend, inside a dog it's too dark to cut.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2010, 06:40:37 am »
Yes Steve has removed the Pattern Library software. Any one wanting more information can go to his web site. http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/. I guess I understand his reason but a real bummer if you ask me.
 :(  :(  :(
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

ufgator

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 07:25:08 am »
I admire Steve for the action he has taken. I believe he made the right decision as hard as it may have been.  His integrity is a valuable asset for all to be aware of.

Bill

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 09:54:55 am »
In the software development world those of us who tested are called Alpha or Beta Testers.

Found the bugs and made them known.

That is how the whole thing works.

Big Thank You to Steve for making the effort and i suspect it will be back at some future date!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 10:37:14 am »
I posted the above before reading my email from Steve.

Again, Steve shows the kind of man he is!

The Boy Scout Oath sure fits HIM!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

CMHN

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 02:28:28 pm »
It is irritating, I understand the reason but I was looking forward for the inexpensive software.   I have been out of work for over a year now and don't have the money to pay for the FilePick software.   Steve's software was what I was looking for and now its not available because somebody already has software like it, that's called a monopoly.  I donate to Steve for his patterns and software when I have the extra to do so, but if I want a program like this I HAVE to pay for it.  That's just rubs me the wrong way.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 04:02:18 pm »
Steve's just trying to be fair!
Dan In Southern California

Spartan scroller

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 04:21:25 pm »
c'mon CMHN.  Read the post on Steve's website. Monopoly? This isn't microsoft or Apple trying to squash a fly with a baseball bat.  Steve said the guy needs the money more than he does so he gracefully took his off the market. That's called compassion,
kindness and integrity. Steve Good is a GOOD man.  You're whining about paying 40 bucks for a piece of software you want. Obviously you have a computer and internet access so you can't be that poor.  Set aside a few pennies until you got enough or get some file folders and a box. If this sounds harsh, too bad. You sound like someone who needs a good kick in the pants to get motivated.

regards,
Terry

ufgator

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 04:39:35 pm »
CMHN; Not everything you want in life is FREE or will it be handed to you. I get Very Irritated when someone wants what I develop and make for little or nothing.  If you work hard enough at your scrolling and try to sell it you could afford to pay for the mans program and he could continue to make his living.

Sorry, but that just my opinion
     Bill

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 05:12:22 pm »
I'm with you guys.

Chmn

Member since day 1...2 posts

I'm sure he hasn't captured any of the patterns presented for the membership!

Just an 'observation'!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

northie66

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 06:51:28 pm »
I think Steve did the right thing.  Not that it matters what I think.  It doesn't matter what anyone thinks.  Steve has to do what HE thinks is right.  I don't think anyone should argue over it.  It is what it is.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 06:59:46 pm »
Steve did the rite thing and I appreciate his integrity.
And Janet, we all care what you have to say! :D
Dan In Southern California

boxmaker

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 10:24:00 pm »
Steve is always looking out for everybody, that's just the kind of guy he is, he posts patterns, software and videos, anything he can to help the scrolling community, I can't believe some whiner would even have the nerve to post on here and say what he said. Steve is just trying to be fair to everyone out there, times are tough for everyone. I agree with what he did 100%.

chips

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 09:15:40 am »
 Maybe I missed it but hope all you that were talking about having downloaded the program have now erased it.

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 09:18:38 am »
Please keep negative comments private folks.  The member has the right like all of us to post here.  I know broke and I know the lengths Steve tries to go to to help us.  The member wasn't trying to outright whine and I have whined alot more than he has.  I know you all are passionate about some things, but please do the negative personal attacks private.

SMF

Teknoromi