Author Topic: Greetings from Dover, Delaware  (Read 657 times)

Offline JoeW

• View Profile
Greetings from Dover, Delaware
« on: November 29, 2020, 06:25:49 am »
Hello Everyone,
I just acquired a Delta 40-560 from my father-in-law.  The user’s manual is dated 3-1-90, so it looks like this has got some age to it.  After getting it home and reading the user’s manual I plugged it in and discovered the slow speed setting wasn’t working.  Seemed the rocker switch was the culprit; after a little prodding the slow speed switch setting now works.  No idea how much use this machine has on it.  My father-in-law got it from a neighbor clearing out their garage several years ago and he doesn’t have any history on how much it was used and my father-in-law never used it.  But it seems to cut just fine.  I bought a variety pack of blades from Lowes and made some test pattern cuts using the different blades.  I now have a new addiction, er, I mean hobby!  Started researching online and stumbled onto the scroll saw village website and that led me here after seeing several mentions to you and your website.  You have a wealth of information here and I look forward to benefitting from it.  Thanks for maintaining it.

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: Greetings from Dover, Delaware
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:31:43 am »
Welcome Joe, Glad you found a new scrolling hobby. It can be very rewarding as you view each completed project.

Al from Whittier, CA
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Greetings from Dover, Delaware
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 08:07:10 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Joe,
Looking forward to seeing your projects!
God Bless! Spirithorse

SMF

Teknoromi