Author Topic: New member to the Forums  (Read 761 times)

Offline Buzz

• View Profile
New member to the Forums
« on: November 28, 2020, 04:16:00 pm »
I have just recently came into woodworking.  Looking for a hobby that gets me out into the shop.  I have 7 kids and need a distraction some times.  Also a good way to connect with the kids I have found.  I have always enjoyed woodworking but never had shop class in high school.  So YouTube and the woodwhisper got me started.  I have slowly built my woodworking tools mostly used but hesitate to build something with out the all the proper tools.  The scroll saw is the only one that doesn't need much additional besides the Saw.  I have a Protech 3303 that is about 25 years old.   I have just been working on the practice pieces and watching Steve's videos.  I have got to say a magnifying light and a pedal makes a world of difference.  I have just started within the last week trying snowflakes designs which help on cutting straight and tight turns.  Learned that accent lines are called veining and to use an aquarium pumps for make shift blower from the forum already.  So looking forward to what I can learn from everyone else. 

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: New member to the Forums
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:36:44 am »
Welcome Buz, Along with your new hobby you should consider introducing some of your kids to scrolling; it will keep them busy leaving you to relax and enjoy a little free time Lol. Love to see more of your work.

Al from Whittier CA.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline GearHeadOSU

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 12:19:30 pm »
Welcome Buzz!

Looks like you're off to a good start  :)

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 08:05:23 pm »
Nice looking work, Buzz,
I'm not familiar with your saw. Does it allow you to use straight, pin-less blades?
If not, you would be surprised how much difference blade holders that will accept
smaller blades will make.
Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
God Bless! Spirithorse

SMF

Teknoromi