Author Topic: I come in peace!  (Read 580 times)

Offline coachgrd

• View Profile
I come in peace!
« on: August 04, 2020, 08:03:24 pm »
Hi everyone, hope you are all well.  My name is Gary and I have begun to dabble in woodworking a little more over the past few years...probably coinciding with my kids growing older (two in college, one a HS Jr.) and having more time available.  I'm not the most skilled guy, but the things I've done (mostly outdoor furniture type stuff) has been enough to make me puff out my chest a bit from time to time.

I stumbled across some scrollsaw 3D artwork online, sports oriented, that has me wondering if I could do that.  I decided to start out where most of you probably did, with an entry level saw from my local Home Depot.  It's the WEN 3822 (some of you probably just went "Gasp!") but I feel better starting with a machine like this.

As for my username...I spent 25+ years coaching middle school basketball.  And I am probably the forum's only elementary PE teacher. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 06:47:25 am by coachgrd »

Offline GLC

• View Profile
Re: I come in peace!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 10:48:11 am »
Welcome to Steve's forum "Coach".  You seem like a prime candidate for the world of scrolling.  You seem to have a little spare time for a new hobby, curiosity & appreciation of what you can do with your hands.  You may already be hooked.  Enjoy what you learn and appreciate the simplest of accomplishments.  I would suggest Steve's videos on Youtube as well as others such as the Artisan Pirate.  Regards > GLC in Cypress, Texas

SMF

Teknoromi