Author Topic: Arm Lift over all for higher end machines  (Read 1668 times)

Offline harpolemond

• View Profile
Arm Lift over all for higher end machines
« on: February 19, 2020, 01:16:51 pm »
Anyone else having trouble with Arm lift hold/adjust on the newer machines?  I am aware that Excalibur, as well as other higher end saws have that screw in the back with locking bolt to adjust arm tension to hold it up.  I have an Excalibur and a new Jet. That bolt is there on both, and also on most other higher end saws.  That bolt when loosened to ease arm lift provides little relief with tension or lift.  Not on either saw.  Yep my new Jet also is still hard to lift up even when that rear screw is relieved.  In fact it can be completely removed on the Excalibur and there is no change in tension. Even after a year of use.  Does anyone have an Idea? 

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
Re: Arm Lift over all for higher end machines
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 04:05:17 am »
Charles Dearing has a video on this.

Is this the same bolt you are talking about?

https://youtu.be/M4bQY8mFdY8

Offline Berta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:07:11 pm »
I am interested as well.

Offline Mike97

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:53:06 am »
I talked to Excalibur tech and he gave me the solution.  Plenty of WD-40 on all the possible contact places on the rear of the arm. Then work it up and down many times until it moves freely.  I couldn't even budge the arm when I received it and thought there was no way to do interior cuts. I was ready to box it up and send it back.  Been using for 2 months now with no arm problem.
One thing I find annoying is how quickly the speed slows as soon as it contacts the cutting material.  Since they claim that it has a constant torque motor I assume even though it slows it has the same power as when it is "idling".

SMF

Teknoromi