Author Topic: WorkShop Conditions. Jus wondering....:+}  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
WorkShop Conditions. Jus wondering....:+}
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:54:36 pm »
Hey Ya'lls....  If you haven't applied a fish tank blower instead of the one that comes with the scroolsaw your missing the beauty of having a clean slate to work on.  The container I use that is secured to the table legs mostly catches any flying objects.  I also removed the sides of my scrollsaw and this makes for the shop vac. access to suck up any and all dust etc.  I also have set my scrollsaw facing a window with a osilating (sp) fan blowing any and all dust towards it.  And along with another fan to my right I am fairly cool with all the 100 degree temps. lately.  And in conclusion with a stereo (sp) system in my shop (country mostly) and 2 windows to view all the beautiful birds that I feed (oh yea that window I mentioned is OPEN) I am mostly ALWAYS happy.  Your turn guys....  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: WorkShop Conditions. Jus wondering....:+}
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 09:14:17 pm »
Well Danny, The blower on my DeWalt does an excellent job at blowing the dust off of the cut line and the table for that matter! The blower tube is long enough to position it so the dust blows to the back of the saw away from me. So I see no need to add another air blower.
Dan In Southern California

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:25:23 am »
My work shop conditions are......
I live in it!
I'm retired and the wife won't let me smoke in the house so, I moved.
I sleep, eat and use the restroom in the house but other than that, I'M IN THE SHOP!
I have my 'puter, TV, heat and air, beer box, desk, and all of my tools within six steps of me at all times.
The shop is 14' x 20' with 9' celings. I have 3 windows, two outside walk doors and an overhead garage door. I open up around 7:00 AM and I work when I want to and, visit with friends when they drop by around "Beer-thirty".
I usually call it a day around 9:30 and go in to watch "Everybody Loves Ramond" and the 10:00 news and try to stay awake for "Jay Leno" until 11:30 or so.
Yes, I AM AS HAPPY AS A CLAM!  ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:26:11 am »
Dan....Guess what u have is wat I wud LOVE to have, but just cannot come up with the big bucks.  Have 3 scroolsaws of which 2 have kind of bit the dust and only use my 16inch Hitachi.  Been a good saw except for the blower which give up within 6 months!  Anyway the cheap fish tank blower really works GREAT. 

Hey Rog....Now your workshop sounds Super Great.  You sound like my kind of person.  My shop is only a lil 12x14 with 8 foot ceilings (rafters) and have wall to wall either work tables, shelfs or cabinets (which are all full to the brim)  Only one door in n out, but the shop is connected to my patio's, so convinient to bring some of my work outside.  Luv ur Beer-Thirty with friends.
I also am retired.  Happily....:+}  Just turned the Medicare age, so I see how the different insurances works out.  Thanks for replying....  Danny  :+}

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 04:24:35 pm »
My shop is 800 sq ft with a loft 400 sq ft for storage. I have a 12 X 28  aluminum roof, concrete floor overhang out front. A 6ft main opening (Two 3ft doors) and a rear 3ft door. Four widows looking out on my property. Lots of trees and birds. AC / Heat, High Def TV with HD Cable. VCR/DVD, Dolby Digital Surround Sound, CD/Stereo, Computer w/printer, High Speed Internet (40 Mbps), Frig for beer. Oh and did I mention dust collection system and lots, and lots of tools.   8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:21:16 pm »
Hey Russ, All you need is a microwave and a toilet, and you'll be all set!
Dan In Southern California

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 10:45:16 pm »
For those of you with stereos and computers in your shop...how do you keep the dust from getting in them?

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 10:16:19 am »
Wow! Russ you have it all.  Maybe someday I will luck out and win a lottery and then I shall have the work shop of my dreams, but till then I am very happy with what I have. 

Charlie you have a good point there.  I built my cabinets to house my sterio equipment and try to keep the doors closed at all times, but dust still gets in, so thanks to the air compressor a couple times a week it keeps on workin.

I just LOVE this website.  Later....  :+}

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 10:19:32 am »
Those are in the house about 100 ft away, LOL, dgman. Charlie, between the dust collection system and AC I don't have any problem with dust.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 10:29:24 am »
I dont have a sterio but, my computer is a laptop Toughbook by Panasonic and I have no problems.
I have had this machine since '98 and used it on my tool truck for 8 years or so and now I have had it in the shop ever since.
I can truly say it is a VERY TOUGH BOOK!!!!

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Rightarm

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 11:42:56 am »
Everybody lets go to Rogers shop! Dave ;D

SMF

Teknoromi