Author Topic: My Wife wants a Hobby Craft.... :+}  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
My Wife wants a Hobby Craft.... :+}
« on: December 29, 2014, 10:48:48 am »
Hello Scroll Family....As you all know I participate in Craft Shows with my Scrolling.  Well my Wife is VERY INTERESTED in
making crafts to sell.  Any IDEAS out there?   Thanks in Advance..............Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: My Wife wants a Hobby Craft.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:57:56 am »
I think stuffed craft animals would be a good seller in many areas if your wife doesn't mind sewing.
There are lots of kits that can purchased but, I think between the two of you, you could create some fun patterns of your own.
My wife has a friend that makes stuffed bears out of old clothes. We got a pair of my dad's
corduroy pants, blue jeans, and a flanel shirt and the lady made a stuffed bear out of my
dad's clothes for my grandson (dad's great grandson) and ironed on a picture of my dad.
My grandson has it as a keep-sake more than a toy but, it would be fine as a toy.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 11:21:20 am »
Here is an old lady sticking her nose in :D I think it is wonderful that your wife wants to join you in the craft shows....BUT my advise is never mix two different items in one booth, both loose some saleability. My advise is to get a double booth space and split it into two, keeping the items for sale totally divided but you still have each others company. 

If she would be interested in make these, I would be glad to give her all sources, patterns and even some supplies.
I used to sell them at the Renaissance and they did very well.  In fact I have quite a few left over  and could sell them to her for a start up inventory for a very reasonable price. Have her contact me if interested and we can "talk".
I'm from North Dakota

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 12:38:00 pm »
Along with my scrolling, I make jewerly.  Mostly earrings. I buy my beads on e-bay and they come mostly from china (much cheaper).  I can sell my earrings for a very reasonable price and still make a profit.
ChelCass

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 07:34:47 pm »
Come on Danny!  ::)  Just turn loose of some of that cash and buy her a SCROLLSAW!  :)
Everyone comes up with different ideas and designs and between the two of you, you can double the scrolling inventory at the shows.  ;D 8)

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

SMF

Teknoromi