Author Topic: My First..and..Only Craft Show is Over.... :+}  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
My First..and..Only Craft Show is Over.... :+}
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:42 pm »
Hey everyone....  Well my Wife and I attended our only Craft Show in Fayetteville, Tennessee this past weekend.   I feel Blessed that the people bought $600.00 worth of my Scroll Saw crafts.  This was our FIFTH show.  Learned from experience there that 80% of the people that stop by have the feeling of being in a FLEA MARKET.  Lots of compliments, but keep on walking.  It bothers me that MOST will pick up the craft and look and then just sit it back down!!  Am used to this procedure.  This is what I KNEW, but will say LEARNED from this year.  Craft a project that is Eye Catching and CHEAP.  Seems most EVERYONE will buy for $5.00 or LESS.   And make LOTS.
My Ornaments.  5 different styles.  Cut from 4 to 8 of each pattern.  Did the works with the OIL/STAIN and VARNISH.  Had a TOTAL of 280....Yep....280....  And I brought back ....FOUR....  And PRICED each for a BUCK.  NONE of my Ornaments were that complicated to cut.                     Well just wanted to Yack and tell ya's....................................Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

pddesertrat

Re: My First..and..Only Craft Show is Over.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:48:25 pm »
Congrats on the success.  you must have it figured out.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:55:29 am »
Thats great Danny.You could spend all next year cutting Christmas ornaments just to sell at next years craft show.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

thumbs

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 06:34:20 am »
Great job, Danny--I have a small show this weekend in our little town--Did real well the last two years, so hope to make a couple of $$=if nothing else, it's a good time.--Richard

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:04:35 am »
Thats great Danny, Congrats.
Pierre

Offline Clem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:31:36 am »
Congrats on the sale. Glad it was a success.
Clem

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 10:16:48 am »
Danny,
You have hit the SWEET spot.
There are a lot more collectors of $1.00 to $5.00 items than there are collectors of $20.00 to $50.00 items.
The choice is, if you want to go for volume of items to pay for your time, or quality and types of work people are looking for to buy.
It is a very tough decision to make and we all must decide which way to go.
It is nice to have a mixture of both, and craft shows are a better judge of that flea markets are.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 08:31:04 am »
Congratulations on a huge success, sounds like you had a great time there too.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 01:56:48 pm »
I want to THANK EVERYONE for their KIND WORDS.  Yes I am HAPPY with the sales.  Like we all know its about spending our quality time behind our favorite tool and starting from a blank piece of wood with the pattern and as time goes by we can see the Beauty of the design come to life.  Its this way for me.  Spent lots of time in the shop preparing for the Show with mostly Christmas patterns, but now its time to stop and venture up and into another phase of Scrolling.  The weather here is WINTER for sure and having a Drafty shop outside doesn't let me enjoy the hobby. Same thing every year though. Anyway just wanted to say how Fortunate I feel to be a part of this Great Scroll Saw family...................Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi