Author Topic: ROUND FLORESCENT BULB  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
ROUND FLORESCENT BULB
« on: July 07, 2014, 06:21:06 pm »
Ok ya'll's I need some advice....  First....Has anyone gotten used to using a certain light fixture for say over 6 years and all of a sudden the bulb burns out and you Mickey Mouse another light source?  Talking about a Adjustable Scroll Saw light attached to the Saw.    Well I shall report that the difference is Whierd!  Just not the same SCROLLING as was.  Like a Learning Curve all over.
Funny huh....  ?    Anyway...................

Can anyone offer me advice on buying a replacement bulb?  The bulb is 8 inches ROUND and the marking label says it is a PHILIPS FCL-22W.  The light fixture that attaches to the saw is SOLID WHITE and has NO MARKINGS WHAT SO EVER as to who manufactured it.  Hey its a 1998 model. 

I have GOOGLED the subject with no findings. 

Thanks for any help...............Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline ALG

• View Profile
Re: ROUND FLORESCENT BULB
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 06:35:11 pm »
I was also wondering about the bulbs for a magnifying light.
I was looking at a couple of used ones on Craigs list today a thought
it would be a good idea to see if you can get a bulb if you have a burn out.
Someone here must know with all the lights I see on saws on this forum.
Thanks for your help.

pddesertrat

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 07:26:42 pm »
The FCL-2w is available on Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Philips-391169-Circline-Fluorescent-22-Watt/dp/B000FNFOKS

There may also be another manufacturer of the same bulb.  There are cross reference on the internet.  I have had the best success dealing with a site that specializes in bulbs.  Like bulbs.com

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 07:57:29 pm »
Thanks Peoples.  Appreciate your input.............. I did JUST NOW place my order for the BULB on AMAZON.  Great place to buy.
Now can't wait till it arrives and Hopefully it will WORK....    Thanks again..............Danny  :+}
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:59:32 pm by Danny »

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 12:34:35 am »
Danny, this seems to be too late, but I Googled the Philips fcl 22w bulb tonight and it showed it to be in stock at Home Depot for $9.42.  BTW, it can be had in either cool white or Daylight white.  Don't know which you had, but it does make a difference. 
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:46 am »
Menards sells them also @ $5.98 each
GO PACK GO

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »
Thanks again guys....  Amazon's price was $8.95 and No Shipping Cost.  Arrives July 11.  You know just seems all the different things I guy on Amazon arrive very Quickly and in Great shape.  Did check at our Lowes and didn't have them.  Not a big Home Depot person.  Personnel reasons.            Anyway can't wait till this bulb gets here.    Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi