Author Topic: MY new Glue and spray hideaway  (Read 1413 times)

multifasited

MY new Glue and spray hideaway
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:57 pm »
Do to space constraints in my craft and computor room,I built a small one there ,It worked so well ,I decided to build one in my shop ,only larger and devided,no matter the size of you work area ,space gets to be cridical ,I have a flip top glue box ,it's ok but not handy and takes up space ,for use and again for storage ,This don't plus I can let stuff dry when closed and out of harms way ,and go on with other things ,Were not talking big stuff just fret and Intarsis ,and other small stuff.
I really think, I will get a lot of use out of it.  SeeWhat You Think!!

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: MY new Glue and spray hideaway
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:22:37 am »
I like that! I have considered building something to keep the dust away from freshly finished objects and your idea has given me something on which to build. Thanks for sharing!

Tony,aka,Toneman

multifasited

Re: MY new Glue and spray hideaway
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:52:37 am »
Tony ,you can't tell by the pix ,but it's on a 5" castered table bench ,and rolls any where in the shop,or even out in the driveway {weather permitting} saves so much space and keeps the project together ,and not spred out all over the shop. I can't seem to just do one project at a time ,so it keeps the rest of the shop clear to be able to not mix and misplace .

I had a chance to try this out for a slightly different purpose,Pattern lay out in one of the slide outs ,pattern with finished pcs. layed on the pattern all lined up,pcs.requiring additional work in the other ,took out next pc requiring sanding etc .slide everything else back in protected area ,w/o disturbing till ready to final fit ,saves so much space and everything is out of harms way,the one shown is actuall made out of recycled bread delivery trays w/ Card board replaceable bottoms ,May have to add another layer ,works slick.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:43:53 pm by multifasited »

SMF

Teknoromi