Author Topic: Delta 40-695 scrollsaw  (Read 1374 times)

Klancy

Delta 40-695 scrollsaw
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:39:18 pm »
I purchased the Delta 40-695 scrollsaw in Feb 2013 and have been pleased with almost all of its features. I had not done any fine fretwork with it until recently and discovered when looking at the lower arm at the side, that it moves in a 1/16" circle. This means that the lower end of the blade is not maintaining perfect vertical alignment. It is extremely difficult to cut fine details.  I took the saw to a Delta service center and they agreed with me.  They made a real attempt to get Delta to correct the defect but Delta said there was nothing wrong with it.  Has anyone else had the same problem and is there a solution.  A salesman at a Woodworking show said that one part was machined to incorrect tolerances which causes the problem.    Clarence L. Bowers

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Delta 40-695 scrollsaw
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 11:34:14 am »
This is an inherit problem with this saw as well as some of the 788's.  There is no easy fix.  In time you will learn to live with the aggressive cutting.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: Delta 40-695 scrollsaw
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:40:46 pm »
The 40-690 is a clone of the DW-788.  The 40-695 is the next generation but some of the fixes that worked on the 690 and 788 might work to reduce the movement of the blade.  It's worth a look.

Rick's site http://www.scrollsaws.com/ has a number of fixes that might be useful to you.  On the left side, click on "Dewalt Tuneup" which will take you to a long page with lots of information.  Down near the bottom are a couple of fixes for the blade movement on the 690 and 788.  They may work for you on the 695.

Good luck and report back to let us know what you tried and if it worked.
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

SMF

Teknoromi