Author Topic: Words to Ponder.... :+}  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Danny

• View Profile
Words to Ponder.... :+}
« on: September 24, 2012, 03:12:53 pm »
This was written by a very dear childhood friend of mine.  I read it and reflect on
some of my recent feelings.  Almost parallel to his.  Time is Precious.  Danny  :+}

We?ve been told many times that life is like a race, the older one gets the more I don?t know if that is a proper description of life. I look at it as if time is the race. Life is the anti-race.

When we are young, things move at such a slow pace. When we are young, time means nothing, we have all the time in the world. We can waste it by doing nothing, by getting in trouble or by being away from ones family. One can not waste what one has so much of, or at least that is what we think.

I don?t really know when I became aware of how precious time was, but I believe it was during a personal crisis situation. I would think it was the time I lost my children, not by death, but by separation. Some of you know what that feels like while others my say it came during a crisis of health or finance. It really does not matter when actually, but we are all in it now with both feet.

We may have all the money we need, the health we want and the family to bond with, but we are all aware of the one thing, money, or power can not grant us???..time.

We should realize it is a waste of such a precious commodity to spend it on being anger, being mad, self-pride, or having an unforgiving nature. Who cares who says "I?m sorry first, or I love you? We don?t need to take the time to keep score of how many times one have to do dishes or cooked dinner or walked the dogs? When you are down to that last second, one will give anything to have enough time to walk those precious loving pets. Or cook one more meal for your family or tell your child or mate how much you love them.

Time, what a valued gift the Lord has given us. Only he knows how much is in our account. Have we wasted it? Or have we spent it well.

I can look back as a youth when a day would last forever, a week was an eternity. Now a day is but a blink of an eye, to put off something until tomorrow is to gamble with your most precious asset.

Get on the phone and tell that someone you are sorry, ask for their forgiveness. Tell them you love them. Use your time well. Don?t waste it on things that make no difference. Don?t associate with people who do not make you happy. Love without conditions, and play the game with honor and to the last breath.

The journey is hard and time is short, So,I for one will carry my wounded, but I will not wait for the stragglers.

Danny  :+}

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Words to Ponder.... :+}
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 03:25:31 pm »
So very true, Danny. And put very eloquently.  Thank you so much for the reminder and sharing it with us.

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »
I agree with Sheila, very true and eloquently put.  thank you.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »
Very well put Danny and 100% true. At 67 years I hope I've managed to cover most of it.
Rob Roy.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:09:50 pm »
great words Danny, time is a precious gift and gone before you know.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:17 pm »
Good words.  May we have enough time to share some with those we love.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 04:36:16 pm »
This is a work that is never done untill our last breath.
2 weeks ago I lost my oldest half brother Louis Johnson in a car crash, he was 82.
In recent years we had been much closer than all the time previously.
He will be greatly missed.

We must not neglect our friends here in this forum, just because we rarely get to meet is no excuse.
After my little episode, I've really came to appreciate all of you and some of you especially so, and you know who you are.
My love to you ALL!
Gabby
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:54:40 am by Gabby »
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

wha

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 08:00:21 pm »
How true this is. I'm only 49 and my daughter is 10 and I always spend as much time as I can doing things with her. What ever i'm doing she always wants to help, especially if I'm building something she likes to help use the tools and I let her. One never knows how much time we have.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 07:30:30 pm »
Thank you Danny. We need to hear this every now and then.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

countryscroller

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 07:35:25 pm »
Thanks Danny! Since I'm only 15 haha then that will teach me so I don't regret stuff later on in life.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 09:03:37 pm »
wha  My daughter was 10 last week. this week she is 32 with a husband, a baby and a job.  Time flies  Cherish every moment
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

woodwizard

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 05:52:23 pm »
Thank you Danny,but you guys are all rather young. I have put in 90 years so far. dont know if it increased my wisdom, but they were all very good. The Lord has blessed me more than i deserve,and i am greatful.i hope you guys all make it to 100.

SMF

Teknoromi