Author Topic: Merry Christmas and a Thought  (Read 1086 times)

Offline WigWag Workshop

• View Profile
Merry Christmas and a Thought
« on: December 24, 2010, 03:30:01 pm »
Merry Christmas All!

Some of you may know, that I hold a Amateur Radio License.  I get to talk to folks from all over the world on my Amateur Radio, and I have learned different things about their culture, beliefs, and other tidbits.  This is one of the things, I really like about the scroll saw hobby, I have met some wonderful folks, from other countries that enjoy the scroll saw hobby.  I really enjoy seeing posts from different parts of the world, and seeing their take on the hobby.  There are not many hobbies, where folks from all over the world, can come together, and  share their interest. And with that said, a scene , from one of my favorite Christmas shows, A Charlie Brown Christmas.

[a spotlight shines on Linus]
"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
[Linus picks up his blanket and walks back towards Charlie Brown]

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown

Steven
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:32:49 pm by WigWag Workshop »

HWPlmbr1

Re: Merry Christmas and a Thought
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 03:36:37 pm »
Merry Christmas Steven!

That was the best part of the show!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 03:54:57 pm »
Steven, Thank you for that thought. It's been a pleasure knowing you for the last four months and watching your progress! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:22:38 am by dgman »
Dan In Southern California

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 07:02:09 am »
Merry Christmas, Steven

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work