Author Topic: New Web Browser....  (Read 947 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
New Web Browser....
« on: October 14, 2011, 12:22:28 am »
I stumbled on a new web browser last week and have been trying it out.

BlackHawk Web Browser..http://www.netgate.sk/blackhawk/

It runs on the same 'engine' as Google's Chrome and is fully compatible with Chrome. In fact you can 'Sync' BlackHawk to your Google Chrome account and it will transfer everything so you are set up just like you are in Chrome. Everything looks the same except for a much neater Logo!

I've been running them side by side for over a week now and I find the BH to be smooth, fast and very clean.

If you want to try it just download and give it a shot...it is FREE as are all the browsers.

If you want to 'geek around' download it and try it out....I recommend it.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

vhoskins

Re: New Web Browser....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 04:47:47 am »
Thanks for the suggestion Graybeard! One can never have too many browsers that are a million times better than IE! :)

tux_linux

Re: New Web Browser....
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:21:51 am »
Those browsers are all based on the Chromium Project. It's open source and can be extended by anyone who want's to participate and is able to contribute to that project.

if yu want you can keep track on the Chrome development via the Chrom Blog where the new features are explained and revealed as they are going live.

In direct neighborhood is also the Chromium OS Project, which is the base for the Chrom OS.

SMF

Teknoromi