Author Topic: Dewalt Air Hose  (Read 1223 times)

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
Dewalt Air Hose
« on: May 18, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »
 Does anyone know of a way to tighten up the plastic airhose to the ball, mine is very loose and anoying.  Thanks  edward

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Dewalt Air Hose
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »
I would be willing to bet that the connector at the ball is cracked and you will have to pull it off, take off that section and reconnect. It is a b!?$h to get that new section reconnected but if you hold the plastic in a pot of boiling water for a while to soften it should soften up enough for you to push it back on with some difficulty....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline PigsFly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 06:45:16 am »
I fought with connecting the modular hose until I found the modular hose web site and bought the tool - it is worth the investment even for trying to connect just one time.  

http://www.modularhose.com/Loc-Line-14-System/14-miscellaneous/78001

It does take significant force to engage the modular hose on the metal piece attached to saw arm.  I tried heating with candles, with a torch, and hot water and could not get it done.  If connecting to the metal piece, you probably have to take it off the saw arm to use the tool but the tool surely saves lots of frustration.

I do agree that if the last piece of modular hose remains on the metal ball but is just loose, the piece is probably cracked.  I am guessing the modular hose at that web site is probably less expensive that ordering a replacement DeWalt hose is you need to remove some pieces and add length back.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:36:15 pm by PigsFly »
Doug

Take what you do seriously
Never take yourself too seriously

Offline bettyswood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 11:16:17 pm »
The last time mine cracked, I pulled it off, then pulled of the next link.  Placed that link in boiling water for a bit.  Then I was able to tap it on to the joint with a small hammer.  The rest pushed in much easier than trying to hold on to the long part.  Hope I helped someone. 

SMF

Teknoromi