Author Topic: Work in progress Feb. 3, 2014 "Gandalf" from Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Clem

• View Profile
Wow. Great job. Thanks for the update.
Clem

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
?Awesome work!

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Great work so far on that one Charlie.  It looks like there will be several hold yer breath areas on that pattern but I have confidence that you are up to the challenge.  Looking forward to seeing it when it is completed.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Great work Charlie

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

gilljc

Blimey!! that's impressive! where do you stand when cutting that? do you need arm extensions? binoculars?

Offline Martin

• View Profile
That's astonishing! I wonder how many internal cuts there are? I wouldn't like to count them, never mind cut them all.

Martin.

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
Geez... That thing is awesome!
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Awesome, you have excelled yourself with this pattern.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

CharlesDearing

Thanks everyone.  Binoclulars huh? hahaha.  I sit in a chair in front of the scroll saw.  I use roller stands on either side of the scroll saw to support any part hanging off.  Too scared to count the amount of cut outs but may do that eventually ;)  When designing the pattern for it...I actually withheld quite a bit of detail in the beard just to get done.  When I cut many of my own designs ....I am mad at myself for all the detail due to the time it takes to complete...but in the end it makes me proud.  Thanks again.

CharlesDearing

I actually took the time to count the amount of cuts, there's 860 cuts in this project.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
I actually took the time to count the amount of cuts, there's 860 cuts in this project.

And I thought there were lots in the loco I cut, with around half that number. Not just talented, but brave too. :)

SMF

Teknoromi