Author Topic: Sawyers' Day Exchanges  (Read 3981 times)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Sawyers' Day Exchanges
« on: March 16, 2015, 03:28:04 pm »
NOTE TO RUSS - THESE ARE LINKS, NOT UPLOADS. THEY DON'T TAKE UP SERVER SPACE. PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THEM.

I received Sawyers' Day gifts from my good friends across the pond! First from my exchange partner Keefie (Keith Perry, Cornwall UK) - this perfect Sawyers' Day plaque:

Also from Keefie - a beautiful turned walnut desk clock:

And finally from Marcel - we were not paired, so a special thanks Marcel for thinking of me:

You guys really captured the spirit of Sawyers' Day. And Marcel - as usual, your scripting is unbelievable. Some day I hope to cut characters that well.

Happy Sawyers' Day
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:30:23 pm by EIEIO »
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Sawyers' Day Exchanges
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 05:29:20 pm »
Very Nice! I received my Sawyer's Day gift from David Sudekum today and WOW! I was surprised. It is a plaque with my name and state (Texas of course!) with a chain for hanging. I will hang it at my craft shows. Also will load photo for all to see once site is ok. Thanks David!

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:50:47 pm »
Tony you know what... I totally forgot to take a picture if that before I sent it off hehe...

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 12:18:40 pm »
glad you liked it Ray,
I see it's broken.....
maybe i wiil add  more cover for shipping next time.
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 02:31:18 pm »
Marcel-you detail is incredible. That tiny font looks perfect. But yes the envelope must have been mangled a little in shipping. Probably a piece of Luna would be plenty strong to support.

Thanks again.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Lancaster Ohio
www.RMHayes.US

Keith Sharples

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 01:59:20 pm »
Hi,
           I had a rather severe computer problem that has prevented me from being able to make my Sawyers Day exchange piece....I couldn't access most internet sites, and couldn't print ANY of my patterns.  It has taken my local computer repair shop 5 whole days of work to get it back to fully working order, costing me nearly ?90 (UK) ...that's about $140 US.  This was the result of some malicious "Windows Updates" that automatically downloaded on FRIDAY 13th.

Having now got things back to something like normal, I will make the piece and send it out ASAP.

NOT a good way to partake in my very first Sawyers Day exchange I know, but as a "Newbie" I was going to make the project actually on Sawyers Day.

Please accept my appologies!

Keith (Norfolk, England)

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 02:22:12 pm »
No worries.  That is one of the problems with computers.  Glad you got yours back.  Please do yourself a BIG favor and back up any important material on a regular basis and keep the backup separate from the computer, that way if you lose the computer your important information is safe and should be able to be reloaded when you need it.

DW

Keith Sharples

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 05:50:24 am »
No worries.  That is one of the problems with computers.  Glad you got yours back.  Please do yourself a BIG favor and back up any important material on a regular basis and keep the backup separate from the computer, that way if you lose the computer your important information is safe and should be able to be reloaded when you need it.

DW

Hi DW.    I had all my files backed up on my external Hard Drive, so there wasn't a problem there....thank the Lord!
The main problem was that I had no way to print off any patterns to cut as whatever it was that got through my internet security managed to create total havoc.....the computer would behave slightly different each time I switched it on, but my sound & printing settings were both turned off....A REAL PAIN!!  Hopefully I can now get back to sawing a few patterns.  ;-)

Keith

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 07:08:57 pm »
We've all gone through these computer problems, whether it's a malicious virus or just something broke in it the result is the same - chaos and panic. Good job you had everything important backed up. Glad you are all fixed now.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline tommyb43

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 01:40:21 pm »
Hi Keith good call with the external drive (Scan that as well regular)

Or Consider a MAC

Regards Tom (Ipswich Suffolk)

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 07:59:03 pm »
why a Mac?
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Lancaster Ohio
www.RMHayes.US

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 09:15:45 pm »
why a Mac?
Some people think that a MAC is corrupt proof... they could not be more wrong. 

DW

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 08:04:03 am »
I was so surprised when I received a Beautiful Sawyers Day type ornament from my Best Friend Marcel.  I thought at first he just wanted to share as we both have gotten into the habit of this.  Then he told me that Ray had given him MY NAME.  This is Great.
                JUST HAVEN'T TAKEN A PICTURE YET...........LATER WILL DO......................Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi