Author Topic: Easy Lift System...  (Read 6062 times)

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
Re: Easy Lift System...
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:48:17 pm »
Bobby, a quick question about the Easy Lift.  When it came, was it though regular mail or did you have to go to customs, or the Post Office, to get it?  I think the nearest customs shed is downtown so I don't really want to go down there, especially in the Montreal construction season (11-3/4 months per year).  >:(

I get scroll saw blades from FD Mike and they come in a plain envelope, direct to my door, by Canada Post - very convenient.

Glad to hear you are busy with paying work.

Thanks,
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

bubbaloo158

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 05:03:06 pm »
Hi Jim...

The Easy Lift came in my regular mail.  There really isn't much weight to it and it isn't very long so it came in a thin cardboard tube.  Like you, I get my blades from Mike as well and they arrive in the regular mail.  I'm very cautious about what I order on line now because of some of the hidden costs.  I got stiffed for $68.00 American once... it didn't show up when I made the order and I had to pay it at my door.  Another time I ordered a $20.00 clamp and it was going to cost over $60.00 for shipping.  The clamp weighted no more than 2 ounces.  In that case I had it sent to my sister in California... approximately $3.00 and then she mailed it to me regular post.  I guess my point is that you have to be VERY careful ordering things from across the border sometimes.

Oh... I know this was in another post but while I have your attention...  I have the DeWalt 734 thickness planer.  One of the best investments I ever made.  If I were to buy just 2 pieces of birch in the store, I'm over $100.00 with the tax.  TWO freaking boards, 1x6x8!!!  And so I get all my wood from my guy who has a saw mill out in Havlock.  For $200 I have enough wood to keep me going for a whole year.  Very much worth the extra work of dressing and gluing it up as I need it.  I usually make up 4-6 projects at a time.

Yep... the job is really keeping me going these days... not much time for scrolling, unfortunately :(  BUT... the long weekend is going to be here next week and I have my trailer all set to go!!!

Bobby

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 11:09:06 pm »
Hey Bobby, I don't know how close you live to the border but I know a guy who keeps a post office box in a town just across the border. when he orders something from the States, he has shipped to the P.O.B. Then he takes a trip south and picks it up.
Dan In Southern California

bubbaloo158

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 07:53:30 am »
DGMan...

Yeah... I know a couple of people who have done the same.  I've thought about it many times - especially when I get hit with a heavy shipping bill - but have just not got it done.  I keep telling myself to do it but don't think about it enough to actually do it.

Bobby

SMF

Teknoromi