Author Topic: Easy Lift System...  (Read 6063 times)

bubbaloo158

Easy Lift System...
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:40:18 am »
Hi all... I really want to purchase the Jim Dandy Easy Lift System but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere to let me order it on line.
Also, I live in Canada and the site would have to ship it here.
Can anyone point me to a site where I can get it? An older post on here sent me to the Jim Dandy website and when I click "purchase" it refers me to two other sites... but they don't have it either.  It seems that I can not buy it from Jim Dandy's site.  I really need some help here and am hoping that someone can come to the rescue!!!

Much obliged

Bobby
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:47:12 am by bubbaloo158 »

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Lift System...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 01:08:44 am »
I tried their phone and it is still taking messages. (630-969-8971)
They have an email address on their website also...<jdsales@jimdandy.com>

I seem to remember it took me a bit of hassle to get them to take my order also but that was over 2 years ago.

Good Luck...

~~~GB~~~

I just checked the website at Wildwood Designs and they do show it in their order system.
http://www.wildwooddesigns.com/Search.aspx?s=FTS.RANK%20DESC&p=36
on the left side there is a box to enter keywords...enter 'easy lift' and it comes up.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:25:06 am by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:25 am »
Hi Fellow Canuk

Where are you located?  I am just outside GTA north of Whitby.  Member of the Durham Woodworker Club which has a special interest group for Scrolling (also have 7 Dewalts equipped with a block of wood.)

Be interested how you make out and if the Easy Lift works.

Jim Dandy also has a order form at
http://www.jimdandy.com/OrderForm.pdf

Just make sure that they ship via USPS. not a courier like UPS or FED EX as the brokerage will kill you.

Don

Offline Paw Paw Ray

• View Profile
    • Paw Paws Workshop
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:33:06 am »
Made a home made version using a steel bar and a bungie cord.  Works great.

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:43:32 am »
 I ordered mine from Wildwood Designs, and love it.  Edward

bubbaloo158

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 08:08:06 pm »
Hi all... thanks for the comebacks!!!
I just left the "Wildwood Designs" site without making my order.  It is strange how everywhere I hear about the Easy Lift it is quoted at a cost of $19.99 or there abouts.  At wildwood they want $23.00... not that this was going to change my mind about getting it.  After all, what's $4.00 when you really want something, huh?

The thing that made me cancel the order was that it was going to cost me over $26.00... for shipping.  There's no way I'm going to pay out more than I'm paying for the article just to get it here.  I guess I'll keep on looking elsewhere to see where I can get it.

GreyBeard... I've just sent an email to the address you provided... thanks and I'll keep you informed about what happens with that.

Don... I'm in Chateauguay, Quebec... a suburb of Montreal.

Thanks all...
Bobby
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:18:26 pm by bubbaloo158 »

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 10:18:28 pm »
Here is the link to Jim Dandy ...$19.95  Do't know about shipping.
I love my easy lift, but they do wear out  so I will e ordere=ing another one soon.

http://www.jimdandy.com/products.html
I'm from North Dakota

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:40:19 am »
I'm working on making my own version of the Easy Lift.  The main problem is finding a longer bolt for the pivot point. Probably a small sleeve to go over the threads where the flat bar pivots would be a good idea as well.

Judy, what wears out on the Easy Lift?

Bubbaloo, I"m in Pierrefonds, another suburb of Montreal.

Have a good one,
Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 12:20:29 pm »
The slot on the flat bar that the bolt rides through to lift the arm.  Wish I could show pictures of the wear. Still works but will need replacing one of these days.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »
Judy...mine came with a little collar/spacer for the arm to ride against so it was not riding on the threads. Did you have that also?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

bubbaloo158

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 02:33:15 pm »
I started making my own version of the Easy Lift but have run into a stone wall trying to find the bolts I need as well.  I even went to a machine shop looking for them without any luck.  It seems that 3" and 1" fine thread bolts  are scarce - at least around these parts.

Judy... I have been to the Jim Dandy site's product page.  Unfortunately, I can't order it on line from there.  All they have is a PDF order form that has to be either snail mailed or faxed.  I also had the option to email my request, which I have done.  If I don't hear back from there I'll try phoning them and see what happens.

JSCOTT... wow... we're practically neighbors!!!

Bobby

bubbaloo158

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 06:00:23 pm »
Well... I finally figured out how to order the Easy Lift system directly from the Jim Dandy website.  I really wasn't aware that I could fill in the pdf form as this was the first time I ever did anything like it.  As the old saying goes... you learn something new every day.

There's a big difference in price by ordering it from them as opposed to getting it from the Wildwood site... it was about $25 complete with shipping charges.  Can't wait to get it!!!!

Bobby

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 06:10:12 pm »
bubbaloo, I'll be very interested in hearing how your order worked out, especially if the shipping is as low as they state on the form.  Let's hope there are no duties as it is presumably made in the USA - free trade.

Let us know how it works out.
Jim

bubbaloo158

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 06:37:48 am »
Yippie!!!  My Easy Lift arrived yesterday!!!  It took me about 20 minutes to install it and it works beautifully!!!

To jscott2 (Jim)... there were no problems at all with it coming across the border in the mail.  The cost for it was as stated on their site... $19.99 and the shipping cost was only $4.90 and so rounded off, the total was $25.00CD.

I am extremely happy with it.  It sure beats reaching for a block of wood every time before I have to thread or change the blade.  Gotta love it.

I have completed a couple more projects since I last posted.  That being said, I really haven't had a lot of time for scrolling lately.  I do home renovations for a living and landed 2 major contracts, both for finishing basements.  So I am only cutting for a half hour or an hour here and there.  I'll try to get some more pics of my completed projects uploaded soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Bobby

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 09:34:45 am »
Bobby, I'm glad you're happy with the lift and the shipping.  I just downloaded the order from from Jim Dandy and shipping is now 5.95.  You got a deal.   :D 

I think I'll order by phone.  (As an aside, I have a great long distance plan - $.01/minute 24/7 in North America)

Thanks for the update.
Jim

SMF

Teknoromi