Author Topic: Wooden Teddy Bear?  (Read 4314 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Wooden Teddy Bear?
« on: March 11, 2011, 10:51:55 pm »
I've been looking through their catalog and have  some things marked.

Now asking if any of my cohorts here abouts have had any dealings with Wooden Teddy Bear and seeking your reviews.

Like the proverbial 'Pain Scale', how would you rate your experiences with them?

10 = Very GOOD
1 = Very BAD

Thanks for your input and your candor!
This is NOT a confidential survey! ( but ONLY 1,500 people may read your comments!)

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
Re: Wooden Teddy Bear?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:01:57 pm »
I haven't ordered from them. However, I really like getting digital patterns, and they don't offer them. Not sure if it would be a deal breaker if I found a pattern "I had to have", but I would look around to see if I could find a digtal pattern someplace.
MrsN

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:44:09 pm »
Katie....

NOT a dealbreaker for me either since I am a 'geek' and can scan the originals into any one of several formats on any one of several scanners.

I was more interested in their shipping and prompt attention to orders.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:54:07 pm »
Yeah, I figured you wouldn't mind the paper and having to scan it in if you wanted.
If I need to make a copy of a pattern I usually scan it in at the same time, it makes it easier for the next time I want to use the pattern as it is easier for me to find my digital patterns then my paper ones.

Gary

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 12:01:21 am »
Hi,
  I buy from them often. They are good to deal with as most are in this hobby. I suggest everyone get a copy of their catalog. It's great to browse the patterns. I rate them a 9 only because everyone has some room for improvement.....Gary

Chachi

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 01:18:00 am »
Yeah I did GB and they are very good to order from I got some Patterns from them and it was sent very promt so if you want to order from them I suggest you do so.

Although I also agree with Mrs N they would be better if they offered Digital copies as well.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: Wooden Teddy Beayour pattern other wiser?
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 04:43:38 am »
Yea I looked at their site and as Mrs N said no digital, living on the other side of the world has it's disadvantages.
It takes 10 plus days to get a pattern, other wise I wood deal with them.

***Merlin***
Try not! Do,
or do not
There is no try

Yoda "Empire Strikes Back" 1980

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 05:55:10 am »
I've bought several patterns and hardware from The Wooden Teddy Bear.  I've had no problems and the service is good.  I bought a couple of boards from them once and one got damaged in shipment - they replaced it immediately.

Offline skip

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 06:14:09 am »
very good people to deal with   have bought  lots of patterns  from them    they ship fast    just my input          SKIP

Mainewoods

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 07:22:00 am »
I'd give 'em a 7 GB!  Lot's of patterns to select from and prompt shipping, but the fact they don't offer digital annoys me, ergo the 7 rating.  I've wanted to ask about them as well, due to the fact I see patterns from our own members listed on their site and in their catalog.  Some of Sheila's patterns are there, but I purchase straight from Sheila's site.  Do they have an agreement with these designers to sell their stuff?  I've ordered a few patterns from them, but only because I couldn't find them elswhere. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:29:05 am by Mainewoods »

Offline Paw Paw Ray

• View Profile
    • Paw Paws Workshop
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 08:22:27 am »
I've bought several things from them in the past. Everything was shipped promply and as ordered.  I don't buy much from any of the catalog companies but what little I've ordered I was satisfied with.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 09:42:38 am »
In answer to Mainwood's statement - yes, they do have an agreement with us as designers. They are one of my favorite wholesalers.  They are great to work with and honest and do a wonderful job.  I am happy to be associated with them.  (I am also happy you like to buy from me directly, MW! :)  )  Just my two cents!

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline bettyswood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 10:05:11 am »
Great source.  I have purchased many things from them, not only patterns but clocks and other accessories.  Rating a 9.  Love the catalog, I go through it to get more ideas (that I find it hard to get to all of them).

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 10:10:53 am »
 They are a great company, never had a problem with them, would rate them #10   Edward

Spartan scroller

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 10:21:38 am »
Wooden Teddy Bear, Wildwood Designs (now merged with Cherry Tree), Scroller Ltd.
Use them all, all are good. Used to drive down to Scroller's location in Fenton, Mich. since they are only about 50 miles from me and buy direct. (save the shipping). But now with the price of gas it's getting to the point that driving there is going to cost more than the shipping.

SMF

Teknoromi