Author Topic: small shop contest!  (Read 4239 times)

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
Re: small shop contest!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 08:20:49 am »
If you only count open floor space, I could probably win but the shop building is 24x40 and you have to sidle sideways to get through.
And Bill P before you complain about being too old, when you were born I had tried college and was in the navy.

Bill P

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 10:52:49 am »
I can't tell what the dimensions are on Charlie's, but it looks like either he or Chachi won.

I'll never complain about the size of my shop, or my age, in this forum (I even held up my right hand).

Mainwood, happy birthday back at ya.  That is funny, same b-day, same shop.

Lisa and I are going to be taking a picture of the shop for the site as soon as the weather cooperates.

Happy New Year everyone!

Bill

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 11:14:42 am »
Hey you two!

Remember that at some point you...
"quit complaining about your age and start Bragging about it!"

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

marmoh

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 12:41:09 pm »
My "shop" seems to keep growing.  I have about 4ft x 6ft space in the garage but if you count what ends up on the kitchen table and my office I have greatly increased the size.  I am cleaning the office and have taken a dozen items back into the garage !!!!  Nothing like spreading the "hobby" cheer all over the house. 

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 01:12:54 pm »
Looks like russ and mrsn are the big losers, I have a "Very Crowded" front 1/2 of an in-line two car garage - scroll saw, table saw, lathe, drill press, router w/stand, miter saw, wood storage on the wall and on wheels,, a workbench on each side, finishing table in the middle, shelving, tool cabinets and my tablesaw is set with the height of my window in garage so I can shoot the long pieces I cut right out the window  :)

Pete
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:15:26 pm by yyyyyguy »
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 01:44:16 pm »
When it comes to this contest I will gladly lose, and smile.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 06:14:53 pm »
Yeah, You won't be hearing from me!
Dan In Southern California

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 10:43:41 pm »
As with Russ, I am happy to loose the small shop contest. Although when I started I had my scroll saw in the corner of my husbands welding shop, and had basically room for my saw and stool.  I am so glad I moved indoors.

Bill P

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 11:59:33 pm »
I'm very grateful for my little shop.  It's insulated, has a nice sound system for my tunes, has all the tools I want.  I call it my Man Cave.

I'm blessed to have found a great hobby, and a wife who supports it and me, with understanding and love.

Bill

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 12:08:38 pm »
You all know I temporairily converted my jester "studio" to a scroll saw shop last fall.  It is WONDERFUL and now permanent.  I will still go out to the other shop to cut blanks and do the staining because I am such a slob. I am happy to run with the BIG DOGS with and inside studio 14x24 and a 24x24 outside shop.  I would be happy to share ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 03:02:40 pm »
Judy,
I'd be pleased to move in this spring.  We can work out the details later.  ;)
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Bill P

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 03:11:55 pm »
Lisa and I are packing now.  We should be there by the 6th.

We don't eat much.

Bill and Lisa

Marshall

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 10:39:20 pm »
You all know I temporairily converted my jester "studio" to a scroll saw shop last fall.  It is WONDERFUL and now permanent.  I will still go out to the other shop to cut blanks and do the staining because I am such a slob. I am happy to run with the BIG DOGS with and inside studio 14x24 and a 24x24 outside shop.  I would be happy to share ;D
I wish I could share my shop it is 24' X 30' , but it's full I'm sorry . Had no idea that some of you had such small run-ways , I don't know what's worse small space or full up and can't hardly move around ...............

Bill P

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 11:32:57 pm »
My little shop has my 30" Excalibur, my miter saw, table saw, planer, router, air compressor, belt/disk sander, shop vac, drill press, jointer/planer, joiner, over 60 clamps, sound system, heater, girly calendar, and more joy and happiness than can be described.

I'm willing to bet JJ's going to come over and count the clamps now.  :D

Bill

Scrollman

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 05:43:24 am »
Oh man, I'd thought I'd see some pictures of small shops. I also have a small shop, but very unorganized. I plan on reorganizing things in the next couple of weeks, but I need ideas.....and pics!

Happy New Year everyone. I am have a great time here reading the posts. Thanks for the ideas you all share. ;D

SMF

Teknoromi