Author Topic: Where to buy a good scrollsaw online  (Read 4211 times)

xavierot

Where to buy a good scrollsaw online
« on: April 24, 2013, 03:49:17 am »
Hello!
I?m seriously thinking in changing my scroll saw and get a better one. The one I?m using it was very cheap (brand new for only 50$ lol!), but now I see that I can?t really work with that. The blades are like these http://www.accesorios-carpinteria.com/ftp/img/2011/5462.jpg and the perpendicular knobs of the blade makes me drill very big holes to make internal cuts. And it?s terribly slow and difficult to connect and disconnect the blade!!! Another problem I have, is that there isn?t any kind of vertical mechanical support for the wood I?m cutting. I have to push it down with my left hand, and sometimes the entire wood is pushed up violently by tha saw, and it?s very very dangerous for mi fingers, it?s very difficult to control. Look, it is this one: http://www.lidl-service.com/static/8887062/pic/main.jpeg

So, I think that is the moment of acquiring a better scroll saw. I?m looking for local sellers, but I can?t find scroll saws in the shops here. I think the use of this saws is not extended at all in spain! So... here is the question:

Anybody knows where to buy a good (or at least better!!!) scroll saw online, shipping to spain?!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Xavi

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Where to buy a good scrollsaw online
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 08:50:07 am »
You may want to go on line to Seyco. Ray sells Excalibur saws and he provides great service!

Tony,aka,Toneman

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:12:58 pm »
Hegner is made in Germany and is about the best saw out there but is expensive.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 09:15:10 pm »
You might try this... <http://www.amazon.es/>

como se dice en Espanol..."Scroll Saw"?

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

xavierot

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:49:36 am »
Hey!
sorry for not giving an answer before!!!
Toneman: After reviewing different saws during weeks, I think that Seyco & Excarlibur Ex-21 will be the solution I was looking for!
Jim Finn: Hegner is also a good advice! But I think I finally prefer the excalibur's...
GrayBeard: I can't find them in amazon! In spain it's called "Sierra el?ctrica de marqueter?a", but people here don't use them! I can't find scroll saws in the shops!
Thanks for your support!!!!
xavi

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 09:38:04 am »
SEYCO, great service and the saw comes properly set up and ready to cut. :)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »
Congrats! You will enjoy the Excalibur and Ray's service!

Toneman

xavierot

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 03:29:22 am »
Yessss!!!  :D :D :D :D
but I'll wait a couple of months more, lol. It's an important amount of money for a spanish salary hehe. Saving for my dream!  :D :D

Xavi

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 11:28:28 am »
I myself have a craftsman from sears and have loved it, does really good, cuts good. I would like to have a more top of line model but just can't seem to spend the hundreds of dollars they want for them, and reading some issues with parts breaking or wearing out has me wondering if its worth it.

Offline Pinelog

• New DeWalt 788 Owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 07:26:48 pm »
Xavi,

I dont know if the ES version of Amazon has them, but I know the US Amazon has the DeWalt DW788 for $459.00 US and DeWalt will knock off another $25.00 until Father's Day. and free shipping.  Hard price to pass up on for me!  ::)

Good luck on the Dream!

Walter

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »
Hello!
I?m seriously thinking in changing my scroll saw and get a better one. The one I?m using it was very cheap (brand new for only 50$ lol!), but now I see that I can?t really work with that. The blades are like these http://www.accesorios-carpinteria.com/ftp/img/2011/5462.jpg and the perpendicular knobs of the blade makes me drill very big holes to make internal cuts. And it?s terribly slow and difficult to connect and disconnect the blade!!! Another problem I have, is that there isn?t any kind of vertical mechanical support for the wood I?m cutting. I have to push it down with my left hand, and sometimes the entire wood is pushed up violently by tha saw, and it?s very very dangerous for mi fingers, it?s very difficult to control. Look, it is this one: http://www.lidl-service.com/static/8887062/pic/main.jpeg

So, I think that is the moment of acquiring a better scroll saw. I?m looking for local sellers, but I can?t find scroll saws in the shops here. I think the use of this saws is not extended at all in spain! So... here is the question:

Anybody knows where to buy a good (or at least better!!!) scroll saw online, shipping to spain?!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Xavi

RAy get your saw from ray please.... he is great.....
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

SMF

Teknoromi