Author Topic: Buying Wood Guide  (Read 1589 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Buying Wood Guide
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:40:01 am »
I made this simple video for my wife. She wanted to buy me some wood but felt intimidated going into a store like Woodworker's Source by herself. She also didn't know what to look for when in the store. So this is a simple video and I think some of you might find it amusing if not helpful. http://youtu.be/yX0EruE46RM

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Buying Wood Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:30:55 am »
Very good job of explaining to your wife how to buy wood! LOL! Now, I am waiting on her video to show you how to buy groceries!

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:56:27 am »
Now I have to wipe the slobber off my keyboard. I can only hope some day to see so many varieties of wood in one place.  :o :o :o
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:40:49 pm »
Very good job of explaining to your wife how to buy wood! LOL! Now, I am waiting on her video to show you how to buy groceries!

Oh, I have a long list of video's from her: How to buy groceries, how to clean the bathroom, how to pick up after yourself, how to buy jewelry in a real jewelry store....and the list goes on. LOL actually the reason I made this video was because she wanted to surprise me with some wood to work on, but felt extremely intimidated by the hardware store. I was going to take her with me sometime to show her what I look for when I go, but our schedule to do that never matched. So I made this video. She loved it and said it actually helped her for when she does go to get me some wood there.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 12:49:27 pm »
I find a Gift card extremely helpfull.  This was you can pick and choose the exact type of wood you need for a certain project.
ChelCass

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 03:31:07 pm »
I find a Gift card extremely helpfull.  This was you can pick and choose the exact type of wood you need for a certain project.

We had thought of that too, but my wife wanted to actually pick some wood rather than use a card. She figured it would be more of a surprise if she picked it out and wrapped it for me. Now she can do this without feeling intimidated.

SMF

Teknoromi