Author Topic: Stencil application  (Read 3278 times)

ToverT

Re: Stencil application
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 12:44:11 pm »
I use blue tape on all Fret work project's and Portraits.  If it's just a Oval for a base for example I just use spray glue.  If the stencil comes off in piece's about a 15 sec ride in the microwave and the stencil comes right off.  I definitely use clear tape on hardwoods that burn easily, Maple, Walnut, etc.

Works for me.

Tommy T

Graywolf

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 04:26:17 pm »
I use panters tape (blue and green), then glue stick, then pattern, then package tape. Works great for me.

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 08:36:58 pm »
I put a layer of painters tape on the wood then use a glue stick to stick the pattern to the tape and a layer if clear packing tape over everything. I use a glue stick because I don't like having to go out in the cold to use spray glue, it is too smelly to do in the house.
I like this method because taking it off is fairly easy no matter how long I have been working on the project. I get sidetracked and sometimes it takes months to get back to a project.
I don't like mineral spirits, I am really sensitive to the stuff (one drop burns on my skin) so I usually just pick and peal the tape off. Sometimes I will use my hair dryer to heat it up a bit.

There are lots of ways to get the pattern on the wood. None of them are wrong, find one you like an go with it. If you feel like trying another method, go for it. The important thing is that you are happy with the process/results and that you have fun while scrolling.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 12:22:25 pm »
Oh do I for sure remember the good ole BEGINNING days with using that messy
Carbon Paper.  Oh the memories of so much time trying to follow the cut lines
with that pencil.  Bad memories.  Use the painters tape n spray glue.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

SMF

Teknoromi