Author Topic: Spiral Blades are Awesome!  (Read 1411 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Spiral Blades are Awesome!
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:05:54 pm »
I got off work early today. Took my inexpensive (some would say cheap) scroll saw to Harbor Freight (yes, I actually own a HF Scroll Saw) and had 3 of their clerks help me to figure out how to use my saw blade converters so that I can use non pin blades. After about 15 to 20 minutes of puzzling over this, one of them (hopefully the better paid one) figured out how to use the adapters. My next stop was to Lowes where I bought my first pack of non pin blades. Got a dozen spiral blades. Well...havent made anything with them yet other than some very fun cuts. Compared to what I have been doing this spiral blade is awesome. I can now start looking for more detailed patters. I think I will quit my day job and just spend my time making things! (Wife said, "No" to that last comment.   ::) ) Well time to start looking for something new to make!

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
Re: Spiral Blades are Awesome!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:15:59 pm »
 ;) ;) ;) I started with a Har.Frt. scroll saw. Infact I still use it for some cuts. I upgraded to delta 40-690 in Jan of 2012. Are U happy? That's all that counts, keep making saw dust!
GO PACK GO

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 10:01:41 pm »
 :) Yes I am happy. Even more now that I can use pin less blades. But even before I was happy. Made a few nice things.

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 10:52:25 pm »
Good place to start, but don't expect to stay there.  Save up for a better saw.  As your skill increases so will your desire to do more.  More that the HF saw won't do.

BTW, look here for more blades:

http://www.mikesworkshop.com/blades.htm

You will pay way to much to keep buying them at Lowe's (or any other store for that matter).

Karl

SMF

Teknoromi