Author Topic: Work spaces  (Read 7137 times)

cornishpisky

Re: Work spaces
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 05:53:08 am »
Hi Charlie, that last supper project looks like quite a challenge, would love to see it when finished.

dankc908

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 07:15:56 am »
My shop is all of a single-car garage that hasn't housed a car in a dozen years.  I will post pix later.  It has a 'scrollsaw' side and a 'lathe' side.

Raymond

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 09:59:01 am »
Oh my that Last Supper is huge.

wdkits1

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:57 am »
Hi everyone
Here are a couple of pics of the shop that I built about 10 years ago. 
It is 1100 sq.ft timberframe built about 100 ft behind my house here in Midlothian, Va

If you would like to see how I built "Mike's One Man Shop" follow this link to my Blog---
http://midlothianwoodworks.wordpress.com/mikes-one-man-shop/

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 10:57:38 am »
My shop is in the rear of myrecreation room it is 13x 16, and think this is to small   LOL  Edward

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 11:46:45 am »
I just moved recently so here is what my shop looks like.  single car garage.

I'm working diligently to get it organized.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 11:58:55 am »
I have a shop in my garage. It takes up most of it too. I have my DeWalt and drill press and my old Dremel Srollsaw set up on one bench. I have the old dremel set up just for sanding. Disk sander and benchtop bandsaw on another bench. Then on the other wall of the garage I have a small router table. Then I have about a six foot bench I use for my finishing. Compressor mounted under the bench, that runs my airbrush. I also keep an orbital sander mouted upside down on the bench. All this and I still need room for me and my wheelchair. Oh, and my computer is out here also.

cherie

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 03:10:15 pm »
WOW!!!  Is all I can say.  Everyone has a great way of using their spaces.  Charlie, one question...how the heck do you work on such a large piece in such a small area?  I love how you labeled everything and where it goes.
Raymond, your shop is just gorgeous and looks very nicely organized.  I love the wood building to go along with woodworking.

northie66

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 05:28:54 pm »
Great work spaces... big and small.  That Last Supper is fantastic Charlie.  Did you draw that yourself?  If not, where did you get the template?

I wish there was a way to private message people.  He may never see my question.  Or maybe tag people that you want to see your post.

Janet

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 05:42:00 pm »
Cherie- I use roller stands for larger work and back the scrollsaw up so the hangover can go into the living room :-[
Northie, I drew it...my design. (I saw it ;) )

ups34

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »
Mine is way too large for scroll Sawing. It is 50ft by 30 Ft. A Dream Shop I built when I retired. The cost to heat and cool it is a killer. I have stopped cooling it.

wgm

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 09:39:03 pm »
Mine is in the garage however I pull everthing out to the center then move back along the wal, so the car can fit in at night

northie66

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 09:47:08 pm »
Wow!  That's huge ups34!  You must have other things in there?  Like maybe an easy chair and a tv?  ;)

cherie

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 09:55:01 pm »
Or maybe a lathe, drill press, planner...ect?

SMF

Teknoromi