Author Topic: Work spaces  (Read 7139 times)

cherie

Work spaces
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:23:52 pm »
I think it would be a great idea if us scrollers would show off our work spaces.  Fancy or not, it will be interesting to see how we make our "Space" work or us.  .  One is my blade storage made from PVC pipe along with safety goggles and other things.  The other is where I actually do my work.  We moved me out of the work shop in the winter since it was so cold out there.  I am now set up in the kitchen.  We live in a mobile home so we make the most of our spaces.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Joesawdust

Re: Work spaces
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 02:27:16 pm »
Great topic Cherie, it's always good to see how others have their shops setup and get ideas from each other. I'll have to get some of mine.

Greg

keidiag

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:12:06 pm »
Great topic. My little shop is in a storage cupboard off the garage. I'll take some photos and post em.

Keith

cornishpisky

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 03:35:57 pm »
Think i might be a little embarresed to show my workshop, it's my garage, 19' x 28', but it's rather untidy as i share it with my son who insists on cluttering it up with all his animal equipment, and he uses my tools and doesn't put them back! KIDS! GRRRRRRRRR! LOL

Ian

cherie

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »
Ian,  that is the whole idea of this topic.  Every body's work space is either nice and neat or cluttered.  And if you really want to know about clutter...come to my house.  The whole thing is a workshop right now due to the fact of Jaun building a Cyclone Dust filter/collector.  LOL.  Do not be embarrassed.

Curt

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 04:24:31 pm »
I use just a space of my Garage.  the rest is used up by my two motorcycles and a golf cart.

indiana_jones765

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 06:16:27 pm »
my kids have moved out, so i have my scroll saw and a small work table in ,what used to be my sons bedroom. everything else is in the garage. i like having the scroll saw in the house, because its warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. i will see if i can post a pic later, jim

cherie

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 06:49:13 pm »
Would love to see you set up Jim.  Like I said mine is in the kitchen for the exact same reason your is.  LOL.

northie66

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 08:03:30 pm »
Mine's in part of the garage.  I'll post a picture when I get a chance to take one.

I wonder how some of you have your shop IN your house.  Doesn't sawdust get everywhere?!   :o

I have my space in the garage in the front near the garage door.  When I'm done sawing, I take the leaf blower and blow all the dust out  ;D

Janet

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:17:49 pm »
My workshop is one half of my two car garage, I have an 8' workbench on one wall with a 4' cabinet that has a spindle and combination belt and disc sander side by side. my bandsaw and scroll saw are on the front wall. The table saw is in the middle of the shop on casters so I can move it around. I also have a 10' x 12'foot shed in the rear yard that houses my 10"radial arm saw, two bench top bandsaws, L-shaped workbench across two walls with peg boards on all four walls to hang most of my hand tools. It is wired up with 220v and many 110v receptacles. I also store most of my wood out there.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Wandascroller

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »
Mine is in a large shed along with everything else for my small farm. Rather untidy  but I know where everything is - well mostly - I am still looking for a piece of 6" X 6" Sequoia that I have put somewhere safe........

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 09:40:41 pm »
Mine is a 12x16 foot building my son-in-law and I built a number of years ago. Very cluttered as it is used for more that just my work space.
Gary
I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 12:08:36 am »
Sigh.  I live in an apartment so my shop is about a 3 x 5 area in the kitchen.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 01:28:26 am »
Thanks Cherie, I like this thread. Hope to see lots of pics. Maybe the tutorial will help get people started. Look in the Bulletin and News forum.

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 03:24:55 am »
My corner of the kitchen shop (The link shows it bigger)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/artistic_cowboy30/Shop002.jpg

SMF

Teknoromi